cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Z outputs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi SD experts,,

1) Please explain me how create and work with Z output .

where and how we do changes in Layouts and SAP scripts to meet the user requirments.pls forward func spec Z output

2) with LSMW can we upload the Transacion data ?

if anyone hve documentation regarding above mention scenario pls forward to my email id mail2shabnum@gmail.com

Points will be rewards

thanx & regards

shabnum

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) The Legacy System Migration Workbench (LSMW) is a tool recommended by SAP that you can use to transfer data once only or periodically from legacy systems into an R/3 System.

2) The SAP transaction code is 'LSMW' for SAP version 4.6x.

3) The LSM Workbench carries out the following tasks:

Reads the transfer data from one or more files (for example, spreadsheets, sequential files etc.)

Converts the data from the source format into the target format

Or in other words we can say…

LSMW is a tool which us build a complete set up for a Data Migration.

It can use any of the Data Transfer Methods like BDC/Direct Input or Sesssion, BAPI/IDOC etc.

BDC is one of the many data transfer techniques.

Basically LSMW is a tool for data transfer and BDC is a method of data transfer .

Ideally you they are not compatible for comparision.

LSMW used to transfer data without/less code.

LSMW itself can use BDC as a way of mass data transfer.

LSMW we can upload data using Batch input(session) , Direct input,BAPI and Idoc.

<b>**Reward points if helpful**</b>

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anil

Thanx for responding

i know that we can transfer the master data from legacy system

but my question was can we transfer Transactional data ( eg list of sales orders and invoices)

pls answer regarding z outputs

points will be rewarded

regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI shabnum,

The Z* stands for the data coming to the SAP environment which SAP doesn’t have. For example, in our organization, we frequently use Z-tables to store information coming from outside of SAP through data-feeds. These data typically have no 'fields' or SAP tables where we can store them, but they are needed in custom programs or custom reports (again, more Z-functionality).So in other words Typically, ZZ-Tables (or Z-tables) are used to supplement data in SAP that SAP does NOT have.

the Z programs are codings which are done by the technical staff in abap codes.

Other than that, you should always try to use as much standard SAP functionality as possible. Even when writing custom programs. If the information is in SAP, you do not need to build a Z-table. Tip: When building a custom table, try to make it indexed if possible. It will make access and use in custom programs so much faster.

<b>**REWARD POINTS IF THIS HELPS**</b>

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabnum,

Z outputs can be configured as per following.

1.Functional consultant will prepare functional specification of the output and give them to ABAPer.

2.ABAPer will write the code(Either SAP script or Smartform)

3.Functional consultant will create a output type in SPRO-SD-Basic functions-Output control-O/p using condition technique.

4.For the Select output type and go to processing routine,you will have to assign the SAP script or Smart form here.

5.As per the condition technique create if you want your own access sequence or use SAP standard.

6.Maintain transmission medium and other basic settings.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shabnum,

I will post you about z outputs soon...

any way about transfering transaction data two typw i have just briefly given.....

In Pricing in SD the fields on the basis of which pricing is done are derived from the FIELD CATALOG which is a structure KOMG .This structure is used to transfer transaction data to the pricing procedure in SD and is also known as communication structure.This structure KOMG consists of two tables KOMK for Header related fields and KOMP for item related fields.

Message Control is a mechanism by which documents are output based on certain conditions. In ALE scenarios this is basically used to transfer transaction data (fulfilling configuration settings defined in message control) from one system to another.

For eg. we want to send purchase order IDocs from customer to vendor system using ALE. On saving of purchase order the IDocs should be triggered. Further the IDocs should only be sent when the purchasing document fulfils certain conditions - purchase document of a certain document type only needs to be sent. By output control we can configure the conditions and the timing (when the document should be triggered) and using ALE (as interfacing technology) we can send IDocs (containing application data fulfilling conditions) from one system to another.

Important transactions:

NACE - Configuring Message Control setting corresponding to various applications.

NACO - Configuring Message Control setting corresponding to various applications.

WE81 - Defining new message types.

WE82 - Linking the message type with the basic IDoc type.

WE20 - Partner Profile settings.

WE21 - Port Definition

SM59 - RFC Destination

I THINK YOU COULD GET SOME KNOWLEDGE FROM THIS..

<b>**REWARD IF THIS HELPS**</b>

Regards

AK