cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria: Install app on Android via Channel

0 Kudos

Hello Mobility experts!

Question is very simple - is it possible to install apk file on Android via Afaria session policy? We want to make silent install. I presume that we need to use file transfer and then extract it. It was successfully done before for WinCE. But will it work for Android?

Maube you also can advise script parameters...

A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chris_redel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Andrey,

we already worked on this request earlier together. It sould be possible to install silently an application on Android devices through an Afaria session channel. The implementation requires very deep Android knowledge for this specific device. Did you got an offer from SAP for the MDMToolkitConnector Application and Knowledge Transfer how to use it for configuring your devices?

br Chris

0 Kudos

Chirs,

I did not recieve any knowledge transfer. Where it could be obtained? And what do you mean by "deep Android knowledge"?

A.

chris_redel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Andrey,

I've contacted one of our Afaria consultans with your request. There will get in touch with you.

br - Chris

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Andrey,

There is a similar process but only Samsung exposes the API to actually install the applications via Afaria.  There is not an analog to the execute event in the Android OS.  Delivery is more or less the same as Win CE.  You can make a session manager channel to send the file to a location on the device.   If this is a Samsung, you can then use a configuration policy to install or update said apk.  I have a couple of KBA that do explain this in detail.

Http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1933968 and http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1716309

Tracy Barkley

Sr TSE