cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to keep 2 planning views in the same template?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Do we have an option in excel-UI to keep 2 planning views in the same template? That is what ever changes we make in Planning View1 should get reflected into the other Planning View2. Please let me know the possibilites.

Best Regards,

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Irmi,

Thank you for the confirmation.

Regards,

Aditya

0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Currently we are working on IBP 3.0.3(on-premise system), I am not able to see that Copy settings once click New View  in the excel-UI.

Regards,

Aditya

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

No, that is not available in the old release, sorry

SatishWaghmare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Irmi

The option "Without Template on Current Sheet" is grayed out in IBP 4.0.2.3 as well (IBP 4.0 Support Pack 2 Patch 3).  

Is this correct or Am I missing something? 

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

This functionality came with IBP 4 FP1.

It is greyed out only if you are in a worksheet that already contains a planning view.

Just open a new empty worksheet within same workbook and you should have no issues in creating a New View w/o template on current sheet.

Rgds

Alecsandra

SatishWaghmare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Alecsandra for your input

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

0 Kudos

Hi Irmi and Alecsandra,

Thank you for your response.

I have tried the multi view option by copying one sheet into the other sheet, but once i go to the other sheet the "edit view" is disabled. Are there any documents which i refer to concerning this issue?

Thanking You.

Regards,

Aditya

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Copying the planning view worksheet to another one will not work. Instead you need to go to the new worksheet and select New View -> Without template on current sheet. Then in the menu you will have the option to copy settings from the initial planning view by pressing the copy settings button from the right side of edit planning view menu.

Regards

Alecsandra

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, this is possible:

You can create so-called Multiviews that contain of several different planning views

However, the planning views must be on different tabs, not possible to have more than one per one tab

If you change something in one view and than move to the next view, system automatically refreshes the second view. Refresh only takes place when you go into the respective tab. So if you want to refer in one tab (planing view) to another one, this is NOT automatically updated before you have not switched

If you work with Graphs, you need to have a chart feeder for each chart (which is quite time consuming)

Yours

Irmi

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Irmi,

Now that i read your reply, the answer for Aditya is depends, what changes you need to reflect.

• Time dimension, attributes, filters - No
  • Updated KF values - Yes. For example if you have a multi-view with 2 sheets, one for demand and one for supply-capacity data, making a change in demand and simulate will show the changes on capa consumption in the second sheet.

Br

Alecsandra

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

No, each planning view is defined individually and does not automatically inherit the characteristics from the rest.  Only the Scenario, Version and Planning Scope are common for all.

Regards

Alecsandra