Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add quantity posting in UD

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a new requirement as explained below-

at return delivery PGR an inspection lot will get created with inspection type 05.

As per the inspection result, lot can be posted to 3 different sloc -

1. Vendor return sloc

2. Customer return sloc

3. Scrap sloc

In conventional UD screen we do not get stock transfer option. I had changed the UD stock posting screen in below configuration by adding 'VMENGE08'.

SPRO - Quality Management - Quality Inspection - Inspection Lot completion - Define Inventory Postings.

From the above I am only able to bring one stock posting option. There are other stock posting options also available like 'TRANSFER02 - Stock transfers (StLoc)' and 'VMENGE09 - other qty posting 2' but they are not visible in UD stock posting screen.

How can I bring them in UD screen too? As I need two more stock posting options in UD screen.

Any other way I can achieve this scenario?

Thanking you

Rajib

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajib,

If I understood your issue correctly, it seems now you have activated 'stock porting proposal' VMENGE08 for UD code "A". So, for your existing UD code "A", there is no more issue. But you wish to add additional flexibility to do UD, linked to other stock posting proposals like VMENGE08, VMENGE09, etc. Please can you check in QS59 (tick detailed display) if there are additional UD codes created which are linked to these stock posting proposals you are talking about.

You can create additional UD codes like A0, A1,...in QS51 and add the relevant stock posting proposals against that. Once done, for accept UD, you will get few choices like -

A = VMENGE08

A1 = VMENGE09

etc

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arijit,

Thank you for your answer. But I require 3 stock transfer option in a single screen under a single UD code. In QS51 I can not use same code 3 times.

If I have a lot of 10 EA, I should be able to post few in scrap, few in sloc1 and few in sloc2 in a singlr UD. Any suggestion?

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajib,

From UD screen, you can't have multiple such options as designed by SAP. The main reason being UD is applied for inspection lot and not for stock. Stock posting is another activity independent of UD posting.

So if you really need such option, you can manually do it form stock posting tab in QA11. After you put some quantifies in scrap & storage location, save the record. So at that point of time, requested stocks will be posted to scrap in background, but UD is still not applied, and the rest quantity will be still hanging in quality stock! Now put UD = A and free the quantifies, at inspection lot level.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

Client will not agree to do multiple stock posting in a single lot. This is time consuming for them.

I am planning to create a custom transaction for this.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't get this.  When you have a mixed stock posting, you assign an appropriate UD like A2 which might mean a certain level of mixed postings.

On the stock posting screens you post the stock to whatever lines you want.  You can put some stock to blocked, some to unrestricted, some to another material, etc... No need to re-enter the transaction three times.

One UD, with three stock postings in the one screen is possible.  So I'm not sure why it's extra time.

Craig

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

Those options will trigger different mvt types. Which will be a problem in case of reporting point of view. We only need to a simple stock transfer without changing stock status, blocked stock will do that. Also user will get confused with the options of unrestricted /blocked/ new material.

This will definitely lead to error. I do not think this will be a good design.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well.. that's up to your client.

But if people responsible for posting stock get that confused between three lines on the inspection stock posting screen they really need to do some serious employee training.  You can remove all the line except those three if you want.  Not a problem.

I don't know what the reporting concern is.  QA32 can already give you a report of where stock was posted to in a pretty easy to use form that can then be exported to Excel if you need to anything really fancy with it.

Normal material documents are posted in the background so any reports based on material documents should be fine.

Craig