cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Route with one point of departure and multiple destinations with one mode of transport

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Expert

Could you please help me in creation of route with the following specifics:

Mode of transport:     One (Single Truck)

Departure point:        One

Destinations Point:   Multiple (more than one depending upon number of deliveries clubbed in a shipment document)

I would like to know how we can design the route (which is fixed) with above stated inputs. I look forward to your valuable inputs and comments.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A route is the connection between one starting point and one end point.

Route - SAP Library

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen for your valuable inputs,

I will try to elaborate the requirement here again, we have a scenario wherein the shipment starts from one Depot and the same truck carries two deliveries with different delivery points. Based on the aforesaid situation can we have a route designed using Individual shipment type.

Or if we have to use the Collective shipment then could you please suggest on the designing of route.

I look forward to your valuable inputs and comments, thanks in advance.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have your routes from starting point to end point in your deliveries,

when you create the shipment with VT01N then the user can select whatever he wants to combine.  If all routes are equal then SAP will copy the route from the deliveries to the shipment. If there a different routes in the delivery, then the user has to enter (or to overwrite the proposed route)  in the shipment when he sets the first status planned.

A route for the shipment can then be the route which has  the longest distance between the starting point and end point, or a totally different route which just defines a region or a number of transport days.

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen

Thanks for your valuable inputs, in the current setup I am defining the route in delivery itself. I am looking for an solution as to how to design the route, which will have two deliveries tagged to it and have one start point and two delivery points one each per delivery (the end point will be the delivery point of second delivery). As you suggested correctly the route of the shipment will be the longest distance between start point (loading point of the shipment where goods for two deliveries are loaded into the truck)  and the end point (delivery point of the second delivery).

Could you suggest if this can be achieved by using individual shipment type, and I will appreciate if you can also provide inputs as to how the design of route will be (e.g. legs, stage etc).

I look forward to your valuable inputs and comments, thanks in advance.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Could you please provide inputs to the aforesaid query in this thread.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitender,

Do the dest. points fall under same route or multiple routes?

Regards,

Ravi

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tharwani,

I don't think we would be able to define multiple destination point for a route because there would be only one destination point and in this case, i don't find any other option apart from creating multiple routes.

Thanks,
Balaji