cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DESIGN STUDIO 1.6 : Unable to hide characteristic using Spreadsheet Component

0 Kudos

Hello

I have a design studio application on which there is a performance issue and upon investigating, we found out this is due to the size of the query.

In design studio 1.6, we have the alternative of using the Spreadsheet component instead of the usual crosstab. This solves the performance issue for the big query but there is another problem when using this component.

If a characteristic is defined as "No Display" in the query, the spreadsheet does not recognize it as such and still displays the characteristics.

I have checked in the initial view of the datasource in Design Studio and the characteristics are configured as "No display" there also.

From the official guide, I see that the spreadsheet component should basically function similar to the crosstabs but crosstabs do not display characteristics configured as "no display".

I have tried to remove the characteristics from the initial view or restrict keyfigures in respect to those characteristics but the key figures are no longer planning enabled after that.

Help online is quite rare for this spreadsheet component and have not seen anyone having the similar issue.

Does anybody know if this is a known issue with DS 1.6 or I have missed something?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John:

You are right - the spreadsheet component is ignoring the "No Display" property - I tried it with the Planning Template on 1.6 patch 1 (released today)

I recommend creating an incident with SAP Support so SAP Development team can investigate.

Tammy