Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obligated action before using other apps in Launchpad

verreydthans
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

One of the requirements for our customer is the following:

They have for a user (for example) 10 apps in the launchpad.

It could be possible, that the user is obligated to perform an action (to start 1 specific app) before he could use all the other apps in his launchpad.

So, the user should receive a warning when opening other apps that he should first use that specific app first.

Is something possible? (I would say, everything is possible 😉 ), but how should we handle this?

Thx for sharing!

Regards,

Hans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188585
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

You can achieve this requirement if launchpad OData service (/UI2/LAUNCHPAD/) can be enhanced but since it cannot be extended (correct me if I am wrong).

I can think of 2 possible options:

Option 1: Create a custom logon page and after successful login open the app by default which should be opened by the user first.

After that open your launchpad with the remaining apps.

More information can be found on this:

Option 2 (Tedious way):-

1) Enhance the app (which should be opened first by the user) by adding new field (say flag default value space) and store it in database table and set it as X once the user opens this app

2) For other apps check this flag whether is is SET or BLANK if blank then show your message.

Btw, For more information about launchpad check below URL -

SAP Fiori Launchpad - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

Cheers

~Rahul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

verreydthans
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thx!

I was thinking also on other possibilities..., can we do such thing with the Fiori Launchpad, like the example of the ‘SAP Fiori, Demo Cloud Edition Terms of Use’ pop-up in the Fiori Demo Cloud Edition?

This popup also disables the possibility to use one of the apps, before taking a specific action.

Instead of “I agree”, or “I do not agree”, we want to open a specific app.

Could something like this be possible with the Fiori Launchpad on-premise?

Thx!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

You can enhance fiorilaunchpad.html page in the BSP /UI2/USHELL and can inject code for your custom requirement in this enhanced html page.

former_member188585
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

The pop up is coming using Shell Plugin App and you can find details below.

SAP Fiori Launchpad CPv2

SAPUI5 SDK - Demo Kit

Please have a look into this.

~Rahul

aakash_neelaperumal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is all these apps are custom apps? anyway below are my thoughts

If these are custom apps then u can create a message in all other apps based on any custom flag which you could get from backend.

If not create a single custom app which inturn has a flow to call these standard apps. You can create tiles in you custom app for each of these std. apps and only when the first app is access you can enable other tiles.

verreydthans
Participant
0 Kudos

No, not all custom apps.

I think we're around 6 standard app, with 10 custom apps.

What do you mean, with the single custom app? like a custom launchpad?

verreydthans
Participant
0 Kudos

Maybe already a suggestion,

Instead of giving a warning when opening an app (instead of that specific one, that is obligated), we could filter-out the roles for the apps that are not permitted yet?

I'm not sure if that's possible...

But which oData service is used to retrieve all the SAP Roles for the Launchpad? Any idea's?

Regards,

Hans