cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Inspection Lot after booking of a Rough Goods Receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM experts,

as far I know one the standad ways for creation of the inspection lots its the booking of the normal goods receipt ( TCODE MMBE e.g.).

But I have a scenario where the inspection lot has to be created already by booking of the rough goods receipt (TCODE VL41).

Unfortunatelly I did'nt found any informations about if it's possible or not.

Could you may be give some advise or few tipp, how to implement this?

Thanks in advance.

BR

Denis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis

As per my knowledge

1st step is Rough Goods Receipt

2nd step is Goods Recepit

1. By doing rough Goods receipt it will not neither increase the stock nor the purchase order history.So, it may not be possible to create Inspection Lot.

2. By doing Goods Receipt system will generate an Inspection Lot if the material is assigned with 01 Inspection Type.

Please check with our experts comments as well.

Regards

Suresh.M

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thank you very much for all the feedbacks and help!

BR

Denis

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

What do you mean by rough goods receipt ??. Can you please explain a bit more on this. what is done during this rough goods receipt ???

If you want goods receipt inspection lot to be created before actual goods receipt then use the option Early inspection creation function..

in the material master in QM view in inspection type settings for the field Control insLot set value as Y. If you make this setting inspection lot will be created once the Production order/Purchased order is released/created......before the goods receipt.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

savan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savan,

well the rough goods receipt will be done by transaction VL41

BR

Denis

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

I have found out a document on Rough GR  -

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a02825f3-a956-2d10-cc80-8d98de5c7...

As Rough GR posting is not creating any stock posting, I believe it shouldn't create Inspection lot linked to it. Please can you double check the movement type linked to it, as I understand you wish to create an Inspection lot linked to it, even before actual GR. Is that correct?

The other option could be to do Goods Receipt against ASN with MvT 107, and then do final GR against previous document. That should ideally create two different inspection lots - one linked to MvT 107 and the other linked to MvT 109. [....In my case, business wished to stop the creation of inspection lots for MvT 107, and we did it as described in my previously attached document...].

Thanks,

Arijit

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

May be you can check one of my documents -

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-60852

Thanks,

Arijit