Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One smartform for different output types

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can one smart form be assigned to different output types  (let's say for different delivery output types ) ?

Can one output type be assigned many smart forms (for print out only) ?

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sachin,

Glynn C William has explained output configuration well. You can have a read.

A combination of output type and transmission medium will have only one form and print program.

The way I want to go about things is ask, know about one thing, so in one thread let there be only one main question (theme), with detailed explanation. This will help me to communicate clearly with others and others could give me clear replies.

TW

0 Kudos

HI Sachin ,

As per your first Question  -- Yes we can assign the Same ( One )  Smart form to the Different output types , If business requirement is same in both the scenario in that case we can use  the Same Smart form for the different Output types . But in future if one business wants some changes in the Printout than the same will be reflect in the Other Business Printout also .

And as per your second question Can we assign multiple Smart form for the same output , Yes same we can do .

Please find the below Thread

Regards ,

Dinesh

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Can one smart form be assigned to different output types  (let's say for different delivery output types ) ? Can one output type be assigned many smart forms (for print out only) ?

Did you ever visualize what is the benefit/advantages of having one Smartform for different Output type co-related to sub-stream areas like Delivery processing - like Delivery Intimation to Carrier party at Warehouse/Bill of Lading/PGI ?

At system level, you can do the assignment of one Smartform to multiple Output types!

Thanks,

Sarthak

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SARTHAK MOHANTY wrote:

Did you ever visualize what is the benefit/advantages of having one Smartform for different Output type

It is a rather unusual configuration and the only scenarios where I've used were to enable the users to produce slightly different output based on some additional criteria that cannot be easily coded in the requirement. For example, currently we have the same form assigned to the "internal" and "external" output of the sales order. Our process is rather manual (due to the business specifics) and sales reps like to review the output before sending it to the customer. But internal output does not need some elements (like "terms and conditions" pages) and it also might have a few additional fields for the sales rep's reference only. In the form we have a condition in the nodes based on the output type.

Another common scenario is to produce a "no price" copy. Many companies actually end up creating a separate form for that, but it's a wrong approach. This can be easily accomplished with a condition based on the output type.

@OP - this seems to have been answered at length already, so kindly close the discussion. Please also refer to SCN ROE and make sure to search Google before posting and limit the discussion to one subject.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can't you try that in your sandbox?

Or you are preparing for an interview and time is of the essence - so you cannot search the forum?

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Veselina,

sorry to disturb you, but I do not have access to sandbox system yet. Iam new in project and my system access is still in progress. Actually I wanted to ask one core issue in the above question.

Pricing procedure A is assigned to sales area 01/00/00

I can assign the same pricing procedure A to sales area 02/00/00.

Now If one creates two sales orders for the sales org 01 and 02 at the same time, the same pricing procedure gets called in sales order and pricing determined accordingly.

It is a bit weird to ask but why system does not put a lock on the pricing procedure since the same pricing procedure is being called at the same time.

you see when we try to change an ABAP object at the same time, there is a lock !

regards

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pricing procedures and smartforms are completely different things.

It appears that you have access to some system, since you ask questions about pricing procedure assignments and locks, so you can at least check the existing configuration in NACE for your first question or press F1 on the respective fields and you can search the forum with search terms like 'Processing 2'.

For the second question - search and read a bit about lock concept in SAP.

When you create sales orders you are not changing the pricing procedure, why would you need an exclusive lock?

By the way, what is going to be your role in the project - developer, functional consultant?

Your questions seem strange in both cases...

Maybe until you get access to all systems, you can take the time and check the project documentations, FDD, BPD, some appropriate materials from your colleagues... it would be more useful for you to grasp the general ideas in one area at first than to try memorizing answers to unrelated topics.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thread Locked

Reason

1)  Without putting efforts, posting in SCN is strictly not encouraged

2)  Posting multiple queries which are entirely different to each other, in one thread is not allowed

G. Lakshmipathi