cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP to RFC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is data transfer between third party system to ECC through PI.

It is a By-pass scenario where PI has to pick the file from third party and has to place it in ECC. Where client don't want to place the file in ECC application server. Sender will be SFTP. the file which we will sent to ecc will be the input file for that particular inbound program. please send me step by step guide to complete this requirement.

PI version which i am using is PI 7.4 single stack and ICO based scenario.\

Appreciate your quick reply

Note: there is no mapping involved.

Thanks,

Gayathri.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gayathri

If your receiver channel is using RFC, it will expect a payload in RFC-XML format (refer message protocol section in link below).

Configuring the Receiver RFC Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Without mapping, there is no way you can convert the payload to RFC-XML format unless it is already in that format when it is placed in the source SFTP folder by the third party.

I'd suggest you check with your integration lead or technical architect about the design, as an SFTP->RFC bypass scenario does not make sense.

Regards

Eng Swee

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gayatri,

If i understood correctly you need to send the file to ABAP program, you can send the file as attachment to inbound proxy and with in the inbound proxy code you can call the ABAP program to update the file in ECC.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your reply.

Your understanding is correct. PI will go and pick the file from third party location. I just need to pass the file to ABAP program as input.

Can you please elaborate more on this.

Thanks,

Gayathri.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gayathri,

For sending attachements in Proxy,Try referring the below link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I dont find anything inside the blog related to my requirement.

Thanks,

Gayathri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

your understanding is correct. Now the requirement is PI has to pick the file from their server as an attachment and it has to sent  to ECC( not in application server), it has to go to that particular inbound program.

Source file is " : " separated file. No modifications require here, ABAP program will do validations. Do we require UDF here?

I am new to this Inbound proxy concept. Please help me in end to end scenario.

Awaiting for your kind reply!

Thanks,

Gayathri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

And also I read your below blog.

My requirement is also same like the above. Can you help me starting from ESR part. Note that We dont have any mappings here.

Thanks,

Gayathri.