Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions - APNS Certificate in SMP and Afaria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

There is a step-by-step used to generate a APNS for Afaria

Note 1842588 - What is the process to follow in order to generate a APNS certificate from the Apple Push Certificates Portal? - Afaria

But for SMP 3.0 the documentation for "Configuration of SAP Self-Service for Utilities Mobile App" explains that to enable push for Apple .

○ I should go to the Mac Developer Library on Apple's website and search for the document Apple Push Notification Service for push notifications. Follow the instructions to create a certificate.

I couldn't find this document anywhere on Mac Developer Library or any note in SAP.  but I did find many blogs and discussion on how to carry this task by creating a user account on the Developing for iOS 9 - Apple Developer and importing a CSR.

Now my questions

Is the APNS Certificate generated by note 1842588, the same as the one generated generated on Developing for iOS 9 - Apple Developer. ?

Can the APNS certificate generated by note 1842588 be used as a APNS certificate for the Mobile App on SMP?

I dont have a Apple Developer Membership, Should invest in a Developer Membership (99US$) if I only administer SMP?

Is there any official SAP or Apple URL where I can find the steps to create a APNS Certificate with a Developer Membership?

Regards

Henry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

For generating an APNS certificate for SMP, I recommend you to follow the next article:

We have done this in a client for configuring push notification in SMP from APNS, and it worked perfect.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Emanuel

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

From the SMP perspective, which is very different than Afaria, the APNS certificate is all about the client application interaction with the Apple APNS service.  SMP is just a user of the certificate so we can notify the Apple APNS servers to send the notification to the correct device.  Anyone who needs to build an iOS application to work with Apple APNS needs to be able to generate their own certificate.  It's an Apple process not SAP or SMP.  Since Apple changes the process occasionally, it wouldn't make sense to duplicate it in SAP docs.

Kevin Bates

SAP Product Support

Answers (0)