cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget values to PPM Financial Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying configure Financial Planning Settings in PPM (mapping Financial View to Cost elements in PS/FICO) to bring the Budget (Value type 41) to PPM.

The options in IMG to map are - Cost element/Cost Element Group, Cost Center/Cost Center Group, Activity Type.

From what I am reading Budgeting is not possible in PS (standard) at Cost element level.

I do not think Cost Center Budgeting is done in my landscape, and I do not have enough information on this to evaluate if this is even an option.

So I am wondering out of the 3 options above, what is generally used for completing this configuration mapping to bring the Budget values to PPM?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

Yes - budgeting is not possible at cost element level in PS. Budgeting is also annual or overall

You need to map under "Define Financial Planning Settings" only your financial view (which must be configured as Item process 'integrated' under 'Define financial and capacity views') to value type 41. Do not specify any cost element/cost element group, cost centre or activity type, e.g.

Once you roll up using report /RPM/FICO_INT_PLANNING you will see that table RPM_FIDATA is filled with the source data and table /RPM/FIN_DATA is filled with the consolidated (summarised) values based on your Financial View mapping (i.e. you will now see the value against the Financial View here).

Let me know if you require further clarification

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info. Will try this and get back.