cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESB - Copy Imported Archive object results in a runtime error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have attempted to copy a Java imported archive from one namespace to another.  The result is a runtime error that directs me to the error log for details.  I looked in the Log Viewer within SAP NewWeaver Administrator; however, I don't see any relevant errors so that must be the wrong spot to look.  I can copy other objects - just not this Java archive.  I have tried several different targets with the same behavior.

Can anyone direct me to the correct log file that the Enterprise Resource Builder is referring me to or hypothesize as to why this might be happening?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

The Java archive contains the java class file and there should one archive in one software component (and dependent swcv). So please check if you have multiple archive files in same SWCV and depended SWCV.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish, You are correct, the other namespace is within the same SWCV so it will not let me copy it.  It would be nice if the error message provided the information that you did!

Many thanks for your response, I will mark this as the Correct Answer.

Regards,

Dan,

Your Friend in PI

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to hear that your issue is resolved.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

The class name in the imported archive must be unique with in namespace, so if you have any imported archive that contains same class name with in the same namespace system will not allow to copy the imported archive.

I can able to copy the same imported archive in two different namespaces but not in the same namespace.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen, thank you for your response.  I tried to copy to a new name yet I received same generic runtime error.  Answer above says I can't copy to the same SWCV which is what I was trying to do as well.  I'm not sure if everybody gets a runtime error, perhaps our environment has a minor setup issue.  I don't think there is any excuse for a runtime error when performing a common function like this.

I will mark your comment as helpful.

Regards,

Dan J