cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBP Excel Addin (EPM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checking in the many blogs and discussions already existing, I cannot see namely a thread about Excel ADDIN concern. This topic worth a specific category as this is one of the main selling point of IBP and guess what, first questions I get from customer are a lot around ADDIN.

Understanding that the underlying component of this addin is EPM with a few restrictions, Good thing is probably to share around EPM for SCM IBP, tips and tricks.

So my Question for tonight is:

Someone from a consulting company has shown my customer how to drill-in dynamically in the XL Addin thru the dimensions, something like double clicking country shows the customers below. I am afraid this demo was done in EPM full mode and not with the IBP Addin only.

Do you know whether I can find a document, to help assessing what I can do in EPM in the context of IBP

Thank to you already. Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Yes, drilling down by double click is not supported in IBP Add-on, it has to be executed through the Planning View menu.

In brief, these are the common features I know:

1.  EPM Formatting Sheet that allow you to format and protect your planning view.

Supported features are described in the Application help

Using the EPM Formatting Sheet - SAP Integrated Business Planning - SAP Library

and some of them also in the document 'How to transfer delivered templates..' under note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1790530

Last time when i checked the Hierarchy Levels part of Hierarchy Level Formatting they were not supported.

The rest  available features can be found under EPM Sheet Options and EPM edit report

2. EPM Sheet Options: autofit that will apply to the area of the excel sheet that is part of the planning view only, repeat headers, member recognition, no data or zero values - remove or hide options, different formatting options etc

3. EPM Edit report mainly use for adding Local Members, shifting report layout and override the dimensions' name(useful during demos when SAP standard models are used)

But there is no guide that list them all, as it is for the EPM Add-In.

Regards

Alecsandra