cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analytical Privilege on Attr View and impact on Analytical and Calc View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have scenario. I have an attr view with Sales Org and its profile. I am using this Attr view in an Analytical View.

Now if I create an Analytical Privilege on Attr View, will it by default also apply to Analytic View or do I have to create a separate Analytical Privilege on Analytical View?

How does it work if it were a calc view instead of Analytic view.

Please help.

Thanks,

DV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DV,

You can implement row-level security with analytic privileges. However, you can restrict access in a given data container to selected attribute values, such as:  Field from Attribute view , Field from Attribute view used in Analytic view , Private dimension of Analytic view , Attribute field in Calculation view , Combinations of the above , Single value, range, IN-list

While creation of the Analytic Privileges, you can add the required views in the 'Select information model'  step.

Also the option 'Applicable to all information model' will help you with the granting the access or authorization to all the views association with the selected view.

Hope this would help you.

Regards,

Vinnie

muthuram_shanmugavel2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DV,

We no need to create separate Analytic Privilege for Analytic View.

While creating Analytic Privilege with Attribute View,,

We have the Option - "Applicable to all  information Models" (Highlighted in the screenshot)

Just select it.

So wherever this Attribute view is used (in Analytic View or Calculation View),

It will apply the Analytic Privileges.

Best Regards,

Muthu