Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special character in Data Type Parameter

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Working on a REST polling to proxy interface. Sender end data is in JSON format. Using Reste adapater doing conversion from jSON to xml. i n the json data there is some paraters like abc:de_fg

ab:def_fg - fg defd

ad/gf

Now PI data type will not allow me to create parameters with these names. Any other way to handle this or this is out of scope.I don't want to go for custom module parameter. Please help.

Thanks,

Apu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

Did you try these options in the channel?

Regards,

Praveen.

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your reply.

I got JSON parameter like below.Will this fulfill my requirement.

I.e. abc:dsf wer - ert/weryt

Thanks,

Apu

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have tried the options. Its mangling parameters name for space , hyphen, slash etc but not converting colon ":" and this I cant put in Data Type as well hence its failing.

Thanks,

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guys,

Any one to help. This looks like a show stopper.

Thanks,

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

I have tested in my side and it is working.What is your PI version? I have tested in PO 7.5 SP00.

Regards,

Praveen.

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I am in 7.4 SP12.

This thing is working for me as well. But problem is with colon (":"). I can see that colon is not mangled for you as well . I can see abc:dsf...........  in your case.

And In my data type I cant create data type element as abc:dsf............. hence its failing.

Thanks,

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

The option is to create external definition with the names required in the data type.

Simple way is to create the structure in data type with simple names, create Message type for that and export as xsd. Now you can edit the xsd with the names required and import as external definition.

regards,

Harish

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I have tried this. But I can see if I put only hyphen in the exported xsd from Message Type then it works. Whenever I am putting ":", space ,"/" in the parameters name its throwing me error when I am importing this as xsd.

Any other way around.

Thanks,

Apu

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

Yes space is allowed in the name. You need to find any other option (java map etc.)

regards,

Harish

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Checked with space but its also giving me conversion error at the time of import.

Thanks,

Apu