cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S/4 HANA Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody, I recently have installed an SAP S/4 HANA Core Server for demo and training purposes, I realized that SWPM gives me the option to install an S/4 HANA FrontEnd Server, my question is

Is necessary to have both systems installed to work properly? I know that S/4 has a new UI and so on, but I'm not sure (and is not clear for me) if this new appearence should be installed in another server (S/4 Frontend server?)

Which are your recommendations? Which is the ideal landscape?

I hope you can help me

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is necessary to have both systems installed to work properly?

Ideally it is good to have a separate front end server(Hub Deployment) keeping long term strategy of the enterprise in mind. This separation would  enable to communicate with multiple backend servers (SAP S4Hana and SAP CRM, SRM, NON SAP SYSTEMS) and cloud systems and making gateway maintenance independent

For one of our customers the approach was to use gateway in same system Embedded deployment , as the concept was to make multiple systems unified and the integration of non sap systems and other sap systems was nt in picture for future.

Regards

Virinchy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

HenrikeGrötecke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/s4hana_op_1511_001#section1

Hi Juan Carlos,

Have you already checked the Getting Started information and Installation Guide for SAP S/4HANA On-Premise edition on the SAP Help Portal (see the link above)?

Best regards,

Henrike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it's more functional forum, for SFIN (s4 hana finanance),

I believe that you can get more valuable answer at basis /hana/s4hana forum