cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying a subform only in last page just above the footer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement where a particular SO10 text needs to be displayed only on the last page of the output but just above the footer. That means if 3 pages get displayed on the output then this SO10 text needs to be displayed only on page 3 and just above the footer.

My footer subform is placed on the master page at the bottom, see screenshot below:

I placed the SO10 text also in a subform and kept that also in Master Page itself:

In order to make this text appear only on the last page I added script:

All the item details are kept in the design view.

When there are many number of line items to be displayed the page breaks and line details continues to be displayed in next page.

The problem is, since the SO10 text area isn't displayed on the first page, it adds a gap at the bottom.

See below the screenshot of first page output where the item details breaks and there is a gap:

See the screenshot of the second page where the SO10 text does get displayed:

The issue is that the gap that appeared on first page should not appear.

Any kind of suggestion or solution will be appreciated. If any more details are required then please let me know.

Thanks,

Aditya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Please create two master pages.

Page 1 -- should not have any placement restrictions.

Page 2 -- should have as last page in the page set.

Now in the page.. above the footer place the SO10 text.

and in the subform which has line items point as on page 2.

Hence the page to will be called only at the last page in the pageset.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

What if all the content need to be displayed in only one page? Its not compulsory that output will always be generated in 2 pages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Looks like your item details fill the content area of the master page and then trigger the page break. What is correct.

I recommend moving the SO10 text/subform to the body page to handle page breaks correctly if your item details fill a page to a degree where the SO10 text would no longer fit.

Regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I had considered your idea before. But the problem is that the bodypage is a subform in flowed position:

So if I place the SO10 text in the bodypage then it will move automatically just below the last subform in the bodypage. System doesn't allow to maintain a subform's height or it's "Y" position if you are trying to place it in another subform in flowed position:

And my requirement is that the SO10 text must be printed right above the footer. For instance if my page 1 is filled all the way to the bottom with item details and on the second page I just have 2 item displayed. Then the SO10 text should not be displayed after those 2 items. It should still be displayed right at the bottom and above the footer.

So I must have the ability to maintain it's "Y" position, so that it always remains fixed above the footer.

Regards,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you consider adding a dummy subform (right before your SO10 subform) with positioned content and set the height of it in a script so that it takes all space so that the SO10 text is in the correct position?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you suggesting that I should put the SO10 text and the dummy subform both in Design View in the content area?

And then add script to the dummy subform so that it takes all space of the body?

But how can I set the height of subform dynamically?

Suppose if there is only one item in the body then the dummy subform's height need to be set with a large value so that the SO10 text is displayed at the bottom.

And suppose if there are 10 items displayed in the body then subform's height need to be set with a smaller value.

If you can suggest the suitable script then it will be very helpful and I can try it out.

Thanks,

Aditya.