cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lots for inspection rounds

0 Kudos

Hi,

My client has started to use inspection rounds in the PM area. My thought was to assign multiple functional locations to a general task list by assigning each functional location to an individual inspection operation. In order to be able to do this, you must first have activated the relevant business function for inspection rounds.

However, when I create the PM order, SAP does not generate any inspection lot as it normally does when you go with equipment task list or a functional location task list.

I have been searching high and low, but cannot find the answer or solution as to why the behaviour is occuring. Any clues out there amongst all you PM/QM gurus?

Eva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the input!

I have checked the notes, but so far I have failed to see a solution for the inspection lot creation for the inspection rounds.

Why am I looking into this functionality:

Last year my client implemented the business function LOG_EAM_CI_3 and it works fine where FL or equipments can be represented by individual maintenance order operations.

My client later requested functionality to sends out samples to laboratories in the group in order to compare analysis performance for the various labs. Some of the analysis are common, other analysis are only performed by selected laboratories.

Hence I thought of inspection rounds where each laboratory is defined as a functional location. Each functional location is assignd to an individual operation in the general task list. For each operation it is possible to assign the relevant analysis for the individual laboratory.

Why do I find the solution of assigning the individual functional locations in the object list not suitable:

If I assign the functional locations in the object list in the maintenance plan, the inspection lot contains individual inspection points for each functional location assigned in the object list for each operation.

Continued investigations this morning has revealed the following:

As soon as I assign the functional locations maintained in the individual operation to the object list I can create an inspection lot. It seems the function for creation of inspection lot does not consider the FL assignment to the individual operations.

Any futher recommendations?

Again, thanks for input!

Best regards

Eva

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eva,

If the business function LOG_EAM_CI_4 and LOG_EAM_CI_3  are activated in your system

Then please refer these notes

2214818 - No transfer of technical object

1807659 - Equipments/functional locations incorr. for operations

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

0 Kudos

Hi,

The business funtion *C4 and the note 2214818 is implemented.

When I create a manual  call for the maintenance plan which generates a PM order - still no inspection lot creation.

Perhaps SAP has not considered inspection lot creation for inspection rounds?

Best regards

Eva

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please go through OSS note    694469 - No inspection lot for maintenance/service order

Equipment or functional locations are to be transferred into the inspection lot. As to which prerequisites must be met on an individual basis, see the description in Note 580360.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Though PM is not my primary skillset, I thought of researching a bit more on this functionality. I received some general inputs -

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3846699

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1812253

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3788675

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/48/689d3dd2613c87e10000000a42189c/content.htm

Please check if these threads are helping you! Also please can you put a thread in SCN@EAM forum.

As this is a new functionality for many of us, will request you to share your observations so that we too can learn form it.

Thanks,

Arijit