cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Output with Spool Error - Unable to connect to output processor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a new output with copy in the existing output for BOL.

Not a problem at all with the configuration.

The only different is that I want my new output printing with the Partner Function "CR - Forwarding Agent" instead of the original "SH - Ship-to".

So I changed it in the configuration and I set up the condition record in VV22 to print for CR.

The output get's status as "Successfully Processed"  (Green status) and doesn't looks like there is something wrong with it.

However, when I check the spool at SP02 I get the status "Waiting" and when I check the log I get:

SAP Spool Error log

The host spool is reporting errors

Unable to connect to output processor

Request postponed 1 times

Curious that the error occurs always when the output is printed at the "First time".

After, if I repeat the output, the spool works fine.

I have talked with Basis and they suggested to review the output program, but I am using the same program as I used printing for the partner SH (Ship-to) and it's printing fine, without any errors in the Spool.

I saw some posting in the internet but when I sent the information I google to Basis they just sent me that they are not using "U" method of printing but "S" method ... no idea what this means, but I don't think the issue is in SD side.

If someone had the same issue before, could give what was the solution?

Thank you,

Elisandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Thank you all for time and quick help.

I could finally with the help of our Abaper to find out why the Output was not get printed.

Our new outputs supposed to be trigged in VL02N for the partner SP (CR - Freight Forwarder).

However, here the partner SP is "Forced" by VT01N. When we complete the "Loading End" there is an output linked with a special function program that calls VL02N and updated the partner function SP. Then the system checks VV22 and trigger the new outputs.

This part was working fine and my outputs were trigged successfully.

But the outputs were using LOCL printer.

According to the following link found in google, we cannot use LOCL in this case because our process calls VL02N in background to update the partner and when the outputs are created are also created when VL02N is called in background.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1057977

This said, or I need to use an specific printer instead of LOCL.

Or I need to use an output requirement or print it with partner SH using activity profile to make it work, because in our requirements, the users will have multiple printers ... not just one.

So, after we found it I talked with Basis and they confirmed that LOCL cannot be used for background process.

But I want to let you know the process in case you have the same issue and then don't need spend time looking for the solution.

Thank you so much for all replies and sorry for your time.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have talked with Basis and they suggested to review the output program, but I am using the same program as I used printing for the partner SH (Ship-to) and it's printing fine, without any errors in the Spool.

Right... Basis folks are sometimes too quick to pass the buck to the ABAPers. Very unlikely it has anything to do with the program (although I always recommend using standard SAP output programs, then at least you avoid the wild goose chase like in this case).

This is one of those oddball errors that could be caused by 1001 reason. I'd try playing around with the printer settings. If you're using print server then maybe there's something there. It doesn't look like either SD or ABAP issue, so insist on Basis investing more time in troubleshooting.

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elidandra,

The only different is that I want my new output printing with the Partner Function "CR - Forwarding Agent" instead of the original "SH - Ship-to".

So I changed it in the configuration and I set up the condition record in VV22 to print for CR. The output get's status as "Successfully Processed"  (Green status) and doesn't looks like there is something wrong with it. However, when I check the spool at SP02 I get the status "Waiting" and when I check the log I get:

SAP Spool Error log - The host spool is reporting errors / Unable to connect to output processor / Request postponed 1 times

Curious that the error occurs always when the output is printed at the "First time".

After, if I repeat the output, the spool works fine. I have talked with Basis and they suggested to review the output program, but I am using the same program as I used printing for the partner SH (Ship-to) and it's printing fine, without any errors in the Spool.

I saw some posting in the internet but when I sent the information I google to Basis they just sent me that they are not using "U" method of printing but "S" method ... no idea what this means, but I don't think the issue is in SD side.

There is no problem from Output configuration with respect to Partner function forwarding agent set up point of view as Spool got generated clearly visible in SP02. It looks like the spools are getting piled up due to some issue which may be due to connection problem with Output device.

Basis team is accountable here to resolve this issue!  

Thanks,

Sarthak

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that's issue is caused by output type. Seems to be problem in network/printing environment. Maybe SAP note2233302 will be helpful for colleagues of basis team to analyze http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/223330

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael for your reply.

Yeah, I agree, I think it's an issue in the Basis side.

The only doubt was related the partner functional. Because when I changed VV22 to print by SH (Ship-to) the BOL is printed at the first time the output is trigged, but when I changed back to CR (Forwarding agent) doesn't get printed ... only if I repeat the output. But the spool get generated and the output is ok, so I don't think it's output issue.

I will send them this link to Basis team, let's see !

Best regards

Elisandra