cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force new window when using "create" or "change" in Travel Assistant Work Center

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using ECC6 EHP5 with Launch pad menu.

Assistant are using Travel assistant Work Center (FITV_POWL_ASSISTANT) to enter expenses on behalf of their team.

Today, when they are on the list of one of their employee, they can create a new expense report or select and change an existing one.

The issue is that the expense claim is then opened in the same Internet explorer tab and so when they have finished to enter the expense claim they can not go back directly to the list of their employees.

I would like to force the system to open a new tab in IE when they click on Create or Change expense report.

Then at they end of the process of the current expense claim, they just close the IE tab and go back to the other tab where they have the assistant work centre.

Do you know if there is an easy way for that ? I didn't find any option at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Christophe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have found the solution without any standard modification or enhancement.

I have debugged and see that the system checks in which window he should open the expense report. By default it is in the "blank" window, so in the same current window.

So I have made a copy of the ressource EMPLOYEE_TRAVEL_EXPENSES_SRV_12 and only entered "Expense" in the parameter "window name".

This way, the system force to open the expense report in the window named "Expense". As this window does not exist, it creates it and then open the expense in this new window

So now, when you are in your own list or in the secretary list and you create or modify an expense report, it opens the expense report in a new sheet in IE and you keep the list in your original window

Long way to find the solution which was finaly very simple

Regards,

Christophe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

well I am not using the launchpad menu (LPD_CUST), but rather a PFCG role for our NWBC portal. And we are on EHP7 right now, but maybe this helps you though ...

Alternative (1)

Have you tried setting the parameter in the transaction LPD_CUST accordingly?

Transaction LPD_CUST

-> select your menu entry (ie. trip assistant)

-> click on the button "Show Advanced (Optional) Parameters"

-> in the section "Portal Parameters" you can change the "Navigation Mode" to EXT* (external, ext_head, etc.)

Alternative (2)

I have made an enhancement (not a modification) in the class CL_FITV_NAVIGATION / method NAVIGATE_TO_OBJECT. Whereas I had to use an overwrite-exit on this method. Please look for the following code (not sure, if it's a bit different in EHP5):

* Open External Window for Trip Form and personalization (Maintain employee List in role SAP_FI_TV_WEB_APPROVER) applications

IF l_client_environment = if_wd_application=>co_client_environment-nwbc AND

( operation = gc_op_displayform OR operation = gc_op_callpersonalization ).

* begin of Note [1778514]

*    l_client_environment = if_wd_application=>co_client_environment-standalone.

lv_navigation_mode if_wd_portal_integration=>co_show_external.

else.

lv_navigation_mode if_wd_portal_integration=>co_show_inplace.

* End of Note [1778514]

ENDIF.

What I did was change the IF-clause and allowed more operations to be opened by setting the variable "lv_navigation_mode" to if_wd_portal_integration=>co_show_external. sdöf You can find the constants in the "Attributes" tab of the class CL_FITV_NAVIGATION.

kind regards,

Walter

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

I'm already using parameter EXT_HEAD in navigation mode. It's working as expected as the trip assistant is opening in a new tab. But when you are on this new tab (trip assistant) I want that it opens again a new tab when the assistant create or change an expense report.

I will check your second option.

Thanks.

Christophe.

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Up

If someone has an idea, thanks to share.

BR

Christophe