cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefighter Log - Posting Period Change Log for OB52

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'd like to receive Firefighter change log info for Posting Period configuration changes that take place within OB52.  The change log for the corresponding table is active in ECC, but I am only receiving the Tcode history in the FF log, and I am not receiving which records were changed.  Can you help me get this configured properly?

GRC 10.0 SP13

Thanks,

Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Can you please post the consolidated report of that session in order to verfiy what exactly you are getting and what is missing?.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Here is the FF consolidated log for the particular FF account with Posting Period access.  These is the "All system logs" report criteria, which includes the Change Log, but I only get Tcode history.  I have never received change details for the records within OB52, which control the actual posting periods for users and superusers.

Any thoughts would be thoroughly appreciated.

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

SAP standard configuration determines which transactions will record change documents. The change document information is stored in tables CDHDR and CDPOS. CDHDR stores the header change record and CDPOS the line item level individual field value changes. SPM only reports changes that are recorded in the these two table, can you see it there?

If change documents are not shown in Firefighter for a specific transaction, review table CDHDR and CDPOS to see if there are corresponding entries there.  If there are no entries in CDHDR and CDPOS, no change documents will be shown for that transaction in Firefighter log report.  If there are entries in CDHDR, but no change entries shown in Firefighter.

Hope this helps, Regards Filip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Filip.

Should I be checking CDHDR / CDPOS in the target system (ECC) or in GRC?

In ECC, for CDPOS, I do not have any entries for table T001B, which is the table for posting period configuration.  For CDHDR, I do not have any entries relating to tcode OB52.  I have verified with my Basis team that table T001B has change log active.

Same findings in GRC for these tables CDHDR / CDPOS.

Does anyone know how to "activate" the change log for table T001B as it relates to these FF change log tables?  Again, according to SE11 my T001B table does have active change log.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Have you filled the right parameters for the logs in the paramter table in GRC under SPRO-->GRC-->Access Control-->Maintain Configuration Parameters.

For Emergency Access Management mention the right parameters for the logs.

Let me know if that works.

Regards

Pradeep

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ken, those logs should exist first in target system of ECC, once you see them there you will be able to populate them to GRC.

Basically I think - You are looking at wrong logs. CDHDR/CDPOS are not table logs but change document logs.

See this:

Steps to enable logging of changes in change documents - Code Gallery - SCN Wiki

The logging of master and transaction data is realized through change documents, they are created, when master or transaction data are changed, to which change document objects exist.All changes to master and transaction data in the financial accountancy are automatically logged. The underlying structure is a change document object. With the help of the transaction SCDO these objects are controlled. The maintained information are stored in the table TCDOB [Objects for change document creation]. For evaluation the transaction AUT01 can be recommended.

In this transaction the configuration related to logging can be reviewed.

Regards,

Filip

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ken,

any update on the topic?

If you have found the solutions, please close the tread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Filip.  Still investigating a solution from your advice above.  I will update this thread appropriately.

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

ok thanks!

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

any progress on the issue? Could you please close the threat and mark answer with were useful to you, for other SCN members benefit,

Regards,

Filip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haven't completed implementation of the changes you recommended.  I will close this thread when I have successfully received the FF Log details.