cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EM AOT Relevance Function (TM/EM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today I am using the standard 'ODT20_REL_TOUR' for all my EM AOTs. I know that this is not a best practice but I'm unsure of the relevance condition checks that should be made within an EM Rel. Function?

The standard logic is fairly straight forward and basically just checks the configured EM AOT within the TM documents configuration and checks to see if it's one of the active EM AOTs.

Does anyone have pointers on what kind of checks should be within these functions?

When is the function called and what factors should I consider?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Standard relevance checks only if it's Freight Order and Freight Booking apart from from your AO Type from the config.

If it's FO or FB and if AO type matches, your AO Type is relevant for EM and the changes/creation of FO and FB will be processed for extraction into EM.

This function is called when you create or make any changes to your FO/FB.

If this is what you want, then you are OK.

Using this function, you can decide what document(s) should be extracted to EM for tracking and in what conditions. As Zenon said, you can use the FO/FB fields to define this condition.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if I understand it correctly the AOT relevance function wouldn't really be used to determine whether or not the Event Data, parameter, tracking ID extractors logic should be executed, correct? The AOT relevance function is primarily responsible for the creation of the handler in a very standard/general integration between TM and EM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

What I mean't is whenever you create or change TOR documents, RELEVANCE FM is executed first.

If relevance is T(true) then all other FMs are executed like control/info/tracking/EE for AO type and similarly Event extractors and EM will get updates accordingly.

If relevance is false, then nothing happens and simply comes out of Extraction process ( or EM deletion flag based on your settings  ).

Relevance FM will tell AO Type or Event Type to proceed further or not.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishnu,

Yes this makes sense. What I find difficult is determining the number of conditions to include where  I'd like to have the other FMs run. Just seems like there could quite a number of conditional checks if you were trying to only have the AOT functions run when specific changes occur. (For example wouldn't the condition need to check like item level changes, planning status changes, planning changes, etc. if one was going to be very detailed). I'm just not sure what at minimum or what is commonly checked within an AOT relevance function in TM/EM implementations??

Also from my playing around if an event is reported from TM then the relevance function doesn't really need to consider this sort of update in order for the event to show up in EM, correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

It's hard to tell what is the minimum checks we can define and it really depends on the design with performance in consideration.

You do not want to do similar kinds of checks in relevance and as well as in extraction functions as it unnecessary performance. I use relevance strictly for filtering out basic and critical header and item level checks which defines if you need the creations and updates flow to EM or not. Then what data flows into EM can be defined in the extractors using before and current structures.

Other examples are if you have 2 different AO Types for FB/FO(same business object) for whatever business reasons, then you control this in your relevance FM to process appropriate AO Type.

Event Types has it's own relevance FMs. In standard, they check if the event reported from TM is of certain event type or not. Ex: Load Begin relevance check if the event is load begin or not apart from other checks.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

AOT relevant function determines whole thing as Vishnu mentioned. When the document triggers it should first AOT relevance or not, if yes, then it retrieves all data.

The AOT to determine tracking id to identify its objects and determines all its control, info and system parameters etc.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

I think we are talking two things here:

1. AOT type are used to create handlers and determines its parameters.

2. Event types are captured to specific event occasions and classification of the events based on like FO creation, FB creation, Item level changes, planning status changes, planning changes etc.

So, you have to configure those event types and set relevance function to trigger according to your scenarios item level changes, planning status changes, planning changes etc.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopi,

I do have relevance conditions for my event types, but these won't be called if the AOT relevance condition isn't met, correct? (Note: I'm sure it's not proper design but we actually have used separate relevance functions for our Event Types but rather included the conditions within the Event Type FM...)

So does it make sense to just leave the AOT relevance function as standard (Check TOR type configuration to AOT) if relevant then execute? Or should I have at least some standard field change checks at the AOT level? I know it's business requirement specific but I just don't know if it's proper to use standard which is not really checking much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

The reasons being the flow first check AOT relevance function and then event type relevant function.

"The application system writes the application object type and the application object ID into a status table. Together with the name of the application system, they provide a unique reference between the application object and event handler. The system uses this reference to refer to the business object and its business process type. An n-to-one relationship exists with the business process types in the application system."

Application Object Type - SAP Event Management (SAP EM) - SAP Library

Leave AOT relevance function as SAP standard and check those changes in event type relevance extraction function.  When the company goes for upgrade these standard will remain same and we only need to check custom functions and minimize the impact.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

To your question:

I do have relevance conditions for my event types, but these won't be called if the AOT relevance condition isn't met, correct? No that's not correct.

AOT Relevance and Event Type Relevance are kind of independent of each other. If AOT Relevance is False, that doesn't mean Event Relevance is false.

If you have only one EH Type and one AO Type and if all FO/FB should be tracked, then you can use the standard. If there is a need for different AO Types for any reason or if you want to track only certain kind of FO/FBand filter out some, then you need custom relevance FM.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishnu,

I'm sorry I mistyped actually as well. I DO NOT use event type relevance functions but rather include the conditional checks within the event type FM. This isn't a major issue, either is it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it's not a major issue. You can do those relevant checks in Event Type FM as well.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ZenonK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob.

Analyse your TOR object in transaction /n/bobf/test_ui and make a list of fields that you can use for Relevance.   Doctype is probably the first one..

Regards.

Zenon.