Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while uploading the maintenence certificate

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are in a dilemma. Kindly help.

We want to renew the maintenance certificate of our system. We sent mail to SAP and they replied us with the Maintenance certificate. After that i checked to SLICENSE. There i clicked "NEW LICENSES".

After that i clicked on "INSTALL". I selected the maintenance certificate .But after that an error message is coming.

Can any one help me in sorting out ? As the management is counting on us....

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

usually you should be able to download a vaild maintenance certificate from the SP Service Portal, Keys, Systems & Installations | SAP Support Portal.

Regards

Thomas.

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

From the above mentioned space only we have requested for new main certificate and had downloaded one.

Regards

Praveen

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I found that in our system, "SYSTEM NUMBER" is showing differently to that of the "SYSTEM NUMBER" sent by the SAP in the maintenance certificate .

Is this has any relation?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Praveen, those numbers have to match.

Did you request the new maintenance license using the correct installation number and hardware key??

Regards

Thomas.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen.

I think you have to apply the new license & maintenance certification based on hardware key. Kindly refer the SAP link https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/SAP%20Support%20Portal/release-upgrade-maintenance/certi...

Regards

SS

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas ,

I had clicked on "License key & Maintenence certificate " tab in system data. After that i clicked on the tab "Renew Maintenence certificate". fter that within 10 min to my mail id SAP sent the txt file.

One thing i noticed now. In service.sap.com/system-data , i checked and found the the "system number" is different one that is in SLICENSE tcode.

What should i do?

Regards

Praveen

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

I had clicked on "License key & Maintenence certificate " tab in system data. After that i clicked on the tab "Renew Maintenence certificate". After that within 10 min to my mail id SAP sent the txt file.

One thing i noticed now.

In service.sap.com/system-data , i checked and found the the "system number" is different one that is in SLICENSE tcode.

How is that possible? As this is a DEV system, both the system number in SLICNESE and system data should match, right?

Regards

Praveen

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen.

Is this any changes in the Dev system hardware it may change the hardware key. check this SAP Note about the license key

94998 - Requesting license keys and deleting systems

Regards

SS

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SS,

we didn't made any changes to our hardware key. Kindly note that our Hardware key appearing in Slicense tcode and hardware key in the Txt file sent by SAP are the same. Only difference is in System Number.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praven, sometimes i found this problem with the installation number, the way to fix it is:

1. download the maintenance and the netweaver license from marketplace.
  2. delete all the installed licenses.
  3. install the downloaded licenses.

Kind regards

Francisco Pavon

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavon,

Thanks for your reply.

// download the maintenance and the netweaver license from marketplace.// -> In the system i checked in marketplace. one is standard and the other is Maintenance type license. what should i do? shall i request both the licenses?

Regards

Praveen

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen.

1.  You have to install both licenses(Standard & Maintenance licenses) using the transaction code SLICENSE.

2. After installed the Dev system have you install the standard license? as post installation task? how the system number changed?

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Yes, you have to download both licenses. When you remove the licenses installed actually in your system (all of them), the installation number is reset and updated after install the licenses downloaded with the new installation number.

Kind Regards

Francisco Pavon

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

1. Standard license is already configured and thats for default date(31/12/9999). When using SLICENSE tcode only i tried to upload Maintenance certificate which was received from SAP.

2. Standard license is already here. I don't know who done that  may be the previous BASIS consultant had done that. I think Post installation works regarding had already done because the previous license was expired on 2011.

Regards

Praveen

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen.

Normally Maintenance certification valid only three month. when you are performing upgrade you have to update the maintenance certification from SAP SMP. Kindly refer the SAP Note about the Maintenance certification.

1898812 - How to renew a Maintenance Certificate on the SAP Support Portal

Regards

SS

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Here users are very limited in number, so that the previous basis consultant didn't prefer the licensing. But now i want to try to update some patch , then only i noticed that licensing is mandatory.

Aslo SS, thanks for the note. Upto this note i've done. But after that, while applying from SLICENSE, only i am confronting the error.

"Error: got system number "000000000311613585" from the digital signature based license library and "000000000311601968" from the old license key library. They are not equal which is not allowed."

The above noted was the error. Kindly help

Regards

Praveen

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen.

1. While executing the transaction code slicense you may find the system number based on that you have to get the maintenance certification for SAP Service market place.

2. Still if your are find the same issue better you can raise the SAP support ticket.

Regards

SS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

you could also request a complete new license (for the whole system not only the maintenance license) for the system using the information from SLICENSE.

Once you received it you delete the existing license and install the new one which would also include the maintenance certificate.

Regards

Thomas.