cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing condition with formula

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a challenge trying to calculate a Price from the following request:

Pricing is built in a scale but without accumulation, and is made of both a fixed Price and a calculated part.

An example:

10 pieces: fixed/startup  Price is USD 5 (regardless of amount), + variable Price of USD 1 per item exceeding 10 items

20 pieces: fixed/startup Price is USD 10 (regardless of amount) + variable Price of USD 2 per item exceeding 20 items

12 items would then cost USD 5 + 2 * USD 1 = USD 7

23 items would then cost USD 10 + 3 * USD 2 = USD 16

How do I set this up in SAP? Do I need 2 materials or more, and how is it possible to create pricing conditions making this possible? Both the fixed Price and the variable Price must be made as pricing conditions since I have to be able to get hold of these as separate numbers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stone_cold
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

10 pieces: fixed/startup  Price is USD 5 (regardless of amount), + variable Price of USD 1 per item

X                                                            Y

Lets consider your requirement in two parts.

Part X : Looks its consistent and every incremental 10 quantity it will add 5 USD. Means 5 USD base is fixed.

Part Y : It looks bit challenging and you have to work on text string in pricing calculation type routine. An ABAPer can help you to break the string by following the trend.

whole formula for part X and Y you can add in one calculation type.

e.g.

23 PC = (2*5) + ( 3*2)

35 PC = (3*5) +(5*3)

112 PC = (11*5) + (2*11)

1243 PC = (124*5) + (3*124)

AB PC = (A*5) + (B*A)

With above explanation i think you understand the trend how you can break the number string which you can use in your formula calculation.

Also with above formula there is NO need to maintain the scales as its considering fixed rate of 5 USD in the formula.

Let me know if this can help you to set up the pricing.

Br,

Stone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for answering, however there is no correlation between steps (they might as well be 5,7,13 etc., and furthermore the variable Price where multiplication takes place with an amount also has to be a separate Price condition and cannot only be part of a formula. I have been considering making two materials with separate pricing conditions, one for the fixed part and one for the variable part, however I have not been able to find a selection and rule that makes it possible to choose just a step instead of a specific number.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe it would be easier if you think of the calculation as two separate conditions - start-up part and reminder part. The first one looks like a scale with fixed price in tens (I hope that I understood you correctly how this is calculated) and the second part is using the partial quantities of these multiples of tens to calculate price per piece.

It looks a bit like the logistics discounts/surcharges for pallets - for full pallets (think of it a a TEN) you get x amount for a TEN, y amount for 2 TENS etc.

For the variable part you calculate what is not a whole TEN and use it as a basis for per each calculation in scales.

I have not tested it in my sandbox, but if you define some alternative unit of measure TEN = 10 EA and mimic KP01/KP03 behavior for PAL, it might be worth exploring.