cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between License key and Activation code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SAP 3D Visual Enterprise,

I want to know the difference between standalone license key.

Activationcode: It can be used only online and be recycled.

Standalone License key:It can be used offline and it is fixed to the computer on Host ID.

Is there anything else?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr, Derrick Hurley

I got to the point.

Thank you so much for your kindness.

Best regards,

Kyouko Kurosawa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Derrick Hurley

Please let me know only one thing,

When I generate a key I must choose one of three types of licenses;Served license, Unserved license and Activation code.

Up until now, I have chosen Unserved license to generate the keys.

I may move a license to another computer. Having that said, should I choose Unserved license from now on?

Best regards,

Kyouko Kurosawa

derrick_hurley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kyouko,

[Unserved] Licence is a 'Standalone Licence'

[Served] Licence is a 'Network Licence' that you could use internally to your organisation if you wished to share the product among multiple users. You would require the SAP 3D Visual Enterprise 3rd party Plugin - Reprise Licence Manager v11.

Please read the Administrators Guide I have referenced above. It contains all the information required etc.

If you have an problems with the product please create a Customer Incident in the Support Portal for CA-VE-VEA component.

Kind regards,

SAP VE Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Derrick Hurley Thank you for replying! Let me make sure understand you correctly. You mean Activation code is provisional and every one should generate License key? I generate demo license keys now. So I may give a license for a computer and move it to another. 'Activation code' can be used like that? Best rgards, Kyouko Kurosawa

derrick_hurley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kyouko,

An 'Activation Code' is not provisional. If you have purchased it, this belongs to you.

If you wish to move the 'Licence Key' to another computer, you will be required to 'Check In' the Licence to the SAP Support Portal so as to obtain a new one.

You will then use the same 'Activation Code' as before, but also the new compunters 'Host ID' so as to generate a new 'Licence Key'.

For further information on the Licencing of SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Author please refer to the 'Administrators Guide' at the following location;

http://help.sap.com/ve-author -> System Administration and Maintenance Information -> Administrators Guide.

Also, please see the SAP KBA Number 2035519 on How to Return Visual Enterprise Author Licence

Kind regards,

SAP VE Support

derrick_hurley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kyouko,

An 'Activation Code' is a 16 digit code you receive when you purchase SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Author.

A Licence Key is an auto 'generated' string of text that is created using the above 'Activation Code' and the 'Host ID' of the machine where you installed the software.

Once you install SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Author, you need to logon to the SAP Support Portal to generate your 'Licence Key'. Your purchased software 'Activation Code' should be listed for you in your account. You will just require the 'Host ID' of your machine to complete the generation of the Licence Key.

I hope this explains.

Kind regards,

SAP VE Support