cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PERIODID question

What is the usage of PERIODID compared to PERIODID0 in key figure calculations ? I understand if the time profile has month, quarter, year, then PERIODID0 refers to month. In attribute transfromations, there are calculations that refer to PERIODID0 and PERIODID.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Mathew,

I had same question some time ago. What I learnt is that PERIODID refers to a hierarchy level node ID for the time period, it is more like a placeholder that can point to different granularity.

PERIODID determines at which hierarchy level data is viewed: if a KF is stored on daily granularity but displayed on monthly buckets in excel than PERIODID will point to month. Hence, it is needed in the planning levels of the KFs that use last period aggregation.

Such an example is Inventory Target Qty KF from SAP2 model which computes the value of inventory in the last month of quarter or year, rather than summing up all buckets.

In brief the logic works like this: all PERIODIDs are copied to HKFPER KF which has max as aggregation. So the HKFPER will change its value based on the requested PERIODID. Then to obtain the desired results this helper is joined with another helper HINVENTORYTARGET which is finally used in the INVENTORYTARGET KF request level calculation.

So, having PERIODID assigned to your planning levels that are not used in last period aggregation is not needed.

Regards

Alecsandra

Answers (0)