Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EJB Version

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDNoites,

I am working on PI7.31 and wanted to know the EJB version being used while creating module beans. Also can you let me know how can I check the SAP PI version supports which EJB version.

Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abnishek,

NetWeaver 7.3 EhP1 runs on Java EE version 5 compliant SAP Application Server Java, hence it supports EJB version 3.0, but it also supports older EJB version 2.1. This all means that you can develop Enterprise Java Beans of versions 2.1 and 3.0 for your PI 7.31 system.

You can find which Java EE specification version particular NetWeaver release is compliant with, from SAP Help - for example, for SAP NetWeaver 7.31, it is stated here: Application Server Java - SAP NetWeaver Library: Function-Oriented View - SAP Library. Several most common specifications that form Java EE and that are supported in NetWeaver 7.31, including EJB 3.0, are also mentioned there.

A complete list of specifications that form corresponding Java EE, and their versions, can be found in Java Community Process JSRs - for example, for Java EE 5, it can be found at The Java Community Process(SM) Program - JSRs: Java Specification Requests - detail JSR# 244.

Regards,

Vadim