cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EL document mapping with INB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to map document type INB with ERP document type EL.

I did config

Define Document Types for Inbound Delivery Process

Define Item Types for Inbound Delivery Process

Define Document Type Determination for Inbound Delivery Process

Define Item Type Determination for Inbound Delivery Process

Map Document Types from ERP System to EWM

Map Item Types from ERP System to EWM

Also I have selected the INB document type INB in WPT determination .

Still system is proposing INBS document type and WPT is not getting determined .

Guys any check pointers where I can check and fix it.

Regards,

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

katrin_kraemer
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

I would recommend to remove the settigns in

• Define Document Type Determination...
  • Define Item Type Determination...

As long as you want to use XYZ/ PDI for XYZ/IDR, you do not need these settings. The system will use XYZ for the successor when this is the type of hte predecessor, it exists and nothing is in the determination. You only need the determination when you create a PDI from an WGER or when you use delivery groups (outbound). Otherwise the massing table is sufficient.

INB as document type and IDLV as item type are great when you want to use everything (unloading, In Yard, packing...). For INBS the footprint (memory consumption, DB space, runtime) is a little bit less.

Best regards,

Katrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram/Katrin,

I am receiving Prod XYZ from multiple vendor.

Some vendor send it in HU and some without HU.

If I am correct INBS is used for receiving unpacked material & INB for packed material

So how shall I make use of document INB & INBS for Prod XYZ accordingly when I comes with packed and without packed .

Kindly suggest .

Thanks

Sunil

katrin_kraemer
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

from the system point of view, there is no need to use separate document and item types for inbound deliveries w/ and w/o HU. Nor does it make any difference whether the HU data come from ERP (the vendor), a user in EWM enters them or the system creates the HUs automatically.

What is important when you wnat to be able to handle HUs is that the item type is configured as follows:

• The quantity offsetting profile contains the role PA (flag inactive not set)
  • The status profile contains the status type DPC

The combination of document type INB with item type IDLV (BC set /SCWM/DLV_INBOUND) fulfills those requirements. So I would use those for data as you are describing above.

In general more quantity roles and status types do enable processes but not control them. You may configure them but never use them.

Document type INBS with item type IDLS are designed to show how a very lean process w/o HUs can look like when the profiles (quantity offsetting, status management, dates) are as small as possible, to have a low footprint on the DB and in the application server memory.

Best regards,

Katrin

rammohan_shenoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil - Usually we use the standard document type as INBS. Can you clarify the reason why you are trying to change to INB? Regards, Ram

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Map Document Types from ERP System to EWM"

Can you show a screenshot of this setting?

Brgds

Juergen

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

What is the item type you are getting for the IBD in ECC against document  'EL' ?

as per the standard set up in EWM, with the combination of EL + ELTX ( item type ) the relevant document type is 'INBS,

you can find the mapping in below path in EWM,

SCM Extended Warehouse Management-Extended Warehouse Management-Interfaces-ERP Integration-Delivery Processing-Map Item Types from ERP System to EWM

in ECC, you can find the delivery item category in below path

Logistics Execution-Shipping-Deliveries-Define Item Category Determination in Deliveries

C K REDDY

rammohan_shenoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the the determination on warehouse process type under Warehouse task configurations? Based on Warehouse process types you can configure different document types INB, INBI, INBS etc. I would double check this settings.