cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Component Viewer Function in SAP ME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I found the below description in SAP ME 15.1 help link.  However, I did not see the BOM Component Viewer anywhere in the Activity Maintenace.

I am wondering if there is any switch I can turn on to have it shown.

Thanks for your answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member466985
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

The BOM_COMP_VIEWER is a new 15.1SP1 enhancement.  Here is the link to the 15.1 sp1 Release Notes that describes the enhancement:

Miscellaneous Enhancements - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) - SAP Library

You will need to upgrade to that version of SAP ME in order to be able to see and use that new feature.

Best Regards,

Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peggy,

Thanks a lot for your explanation.  Another question was that is there a way that I can assign work instructions to BOM component without integrated with ECC?  Is there somewhere I can maintain manually or I have to customize it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hello

You should be able to do the same by means of webservice request or PAPI call. Please, check out ErpProductionOrderProcessingIn service.

As to the attachment point in Work Instruction Maintenance: it remains the same. The enhancement was against ERP integration.

Br, Alex.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello

The name of the Activity is BOM_COMP_VIEWER. You can retrieve it in Activity Maintenance, but it is not visible in Activity Manager by default.

It is a WPMF plugin and should be used as a plugin activity in POD rather than standalone activity from Activity Manager.

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

I have checked my system and I cannot retrieve it from activity maintenance as you can see below.  Is there anyway I can load this activity into the system if it was not available?  Or can you paste the Class/Program here for the BOM_COMP_VIEWER.  BTW, can you please advise me if there is anyway maintain this component work instruction out of DMS like there is anywhere in ME can maintain the WI?

0 Kudos

Hello

Please, make sure you have updated MECTC component to the newest 15.1 vesrion and executed CTC wizard tasks as per Installation guide. In case you upgraded from ME 15.0, make sure you have executed the Upgrade wizard task.

Br, Alex.