cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgradation 4.7 to ECC5.0/6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I would like to know how to do upgradation 4.7 to ECC5.0/6.0.

I have worked on implementation,but my requiement now is based on upgaradation.

Please let me know the considerations that I need to take and hardware issues etc

Also please share any documentation with me

Also if anybody have done upgaradation please share any screenshots with me on

mailtorkiran@yahoo.com

Your help would be more appreciable,points can be awarded for ur help

regards,

rk.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RKK,

Please go SAP market place. Please visit the link:

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/instguides

Then on left hand corner under installation and upgrade guides select the node SAP Business suite applications>SAP ERP>mySAP ERP 2004--->SAP ECC 5.0.

Select the upgrade documentation depending on your OS/DB combination.

No documentation is better than standard SAP guides.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

before upgrade you have to run the pre-requiste checker. It will check the system and tell you exactly whether this system can be upgraded. Once that is done you can download the sap quick sizer from service marketplace to chekc the hardware scope of the upgrade. Else you have th implimentation experience then there will be extra 10 to 15,000 tables added in new version and also the changes in program and also you need space for shadow instance.

Check the DB files area and if the data is 4-5 years old you can archive the data if the company policy support. Keep suffiecinebt space in SAP Application drive and also the DB files drive. See the virtual memory properly see also the RAM 16 GB minimum if you can keep will be better. If it is more excellent and also the CPU's. If you have more CPU capacity the processing will be faster you can define more parallel processes during upgrade. So, these are the few hardware related things to take care of.

About documentation refer the sap upgrade guide and all the sapnoten download which are mentioned in the upgrade guide. It is excellent. I have used these guides and sapnotes while upgrade and it was ok.

During the upgrade you may face some problems this is normal and you should look the logs which are there in the upgrade directory \usr\sa\put\.....

be careful in analyzing the errors and all the pr-requistites which you have to do before upgrade mentioned in the guide. If you follow these properly you will have very less issues. During phase act_640 you may have to do some dictionery adjustments which depends on the dictonery objects you can take help from the developer for this.

There is one tool to restore the variants that is ASU(application specific upgrade).

Then your variants will not be lost. Go to sap site http://service.sap.com/upgrade and checkout all upgrade related documents. You are done.

It will be a smooth upgrade.

Rgds and Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,Godfrey,

Many thanks for ur quick reply

I would like to see if any screenshots(or step by step) procedure that you have done in upgradation so that I can get some more idea.

Please respond ASAP

Regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please respond to my recent query

Your help would be awarded with points

Regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can find the step by step upgrade in the upgrade guide. every upgrade will not be the identical, the best way is to follow the sap upgrade guide.

Cheers,

-Sunil