Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria Enrollment failed

former_member222084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

Help me to fix the problem. When I enroll Afaria client on the Android device I receive an error.

After entering the registration code, Afaria client hangs on the stage of device registration.

Long connecting and then it gives an error «Registration Failed»(in Russian Регистрация отменена)

Screenshot by phone

Configuration Screenshots

Ports 443, 80, 8080 are opened.

Established Afra7 SP11.

We don’t use the relay server.

What is the cause that the enrollment process of the Android devices doesn’t pass? Where is my mistake?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member222084
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the help.

I have a successful enrollment (it was necessary to open port 80).

But I get another problem. Client Afaria is connected to XNET but I need the HTTP connection.

What should I do to change the settings?

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In the Afaria Administrator console, browse to Server > Configuration > Communication > Device Communication and make usre you have checked HTTP and entered a port number. You also need to restart the Afaria server.

former_member222084
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for yor reply,

Unfortunately, it didn’t help.

In SCN I found information, that  Device Communication port cannot set as 80 as this and will crash the default IIS port. So, I will use port 81.

Also, by default  Address for Device communication shows my local IP (192.168.1.4). I manually change it  to my 95.XX.XX.XXX. I guess it’s not right.

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If Afaria Administrator server is on the same machine, it is likely using port 80. You can verify if HTTP port 80 is used by the default web site of IIS.
The address for Device communication is the address of the machine that your client connects to. This machine could be your Relay Server machine if the connection is not direct to the Afaria server.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

chris_redel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Olga,

about Android enrollment issue:

is the Afaria client configured with valid server connection data? If yes all values OK? How is the device connected to the network - Wifi? Can the device connect directly via XNET to the IP specified on enrollment policy?

cheers Chris

former_member222084
Participant
0 Kudos

Chris Redel wrote:

is the Afaria client configured with valid server connection data? If yes all values OK? How is the device connected to the network - Wifi? Can the device connect directly via XNET to the IP specified on enrollment policy?

cheers Chris

1. I believe that yes

2. I guess

3. Wi-Fi

4. No

chris_redel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Olga,

pls. goto the Android Afaria Client -> Configuration -> Afaria Server and verify the data. Are you able to see 192.168.0.102 for Address? 3007 for Port? xnet for protocol? Can the device connect to 192.168.0.102 via XNET?

/Chris

former_member222084
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry,Established Afra7 SP11 = Afaria 7 SP11

What should I do if I have this problem sometimes? Screenshot

former_member197903
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

How frequent you get this error? When you click on reload will it work?

Regards,
VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

If this crash happens randomly in the Admin UI after the server was rebooted, try changing the Afaria API Service to a delayed start in Windows Services. After you make the change, restart Afaria services and the problem should go away. See the following KBA: https://support.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2253862

I hope that helps!

Regards,

Greg

former_member222084
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, yes it helps

former_member197903
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Olga,

Please send us the Diagnostic Page screenshot for more understanding

Server > Dashboard > Directory > AD Server > Diagnostics

Are you installing Afaria on new server or upgrading ?

Please check whether 5223 port is open.

Make sure you entered correct information details on Server > Configuration > Google Services

Server Address, GCM Project ID, GCM API Key

Regards,

VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Olga,

Can you go to Server -> Diagnostics-> Android(Expand) and copy the screenshot here.

We could get the cause at this point.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

former_member222084
Participant
0 Kudos

Here you are