cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDGA Article Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need some information regarding MDGA Article master. Did anyone implemented it yet. My client has an SAP IS Retail system and is interested to implement MDGA Article master for governance.

1) Is there any standard documentation available regarding MDG Article master.

2) What are the initial steps to implement MDGA.

3) Does it come as an optional MDG Package which is installed on top of IS Retails system. If yes, whats the package details.

4) If MDG is implemented in Hub mode what are the options to implement MDGA. How will it integrate with IS Retails system in Hub mode.

Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Tanmay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Tanmay,

let me answer your questions based on today's status which will soon change and will allow me to be more concrete. Will update my response then.

1) We are planning to offer a standard solution to put the Retail Article Master under MDG governance. The MDG Article master was a consulting solution which we no longer offer.

2) Implementation steps are the same as for any other MDG domain: install the software, activate business functions if required, enhance the data model (most likely based on my experience), adjust the workflows & UI layouts, configure the data replication.

3) it is planned as an AddOn on ECC + IS-Retail + MDG

4) It can be implemented as on an existing IS-Retail in co-deployment mode. Implementing in hub-mode is also an option. In any case you need to be aware that when you use MDG for Retail Articles, the MDG-M for material will not work. The assumption is that on such a system all relevant Material IDs are handled via Articles.

On the hub IS-Retail has to be active as well, the data is then sent to the receiving operational IS-Retail system(s) via ALE/IDOC (ARTMAS).

Best Regards,

Ingo

SAP MDG Product Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ingo

Would like to know if there is any plan to add Service master too near future?

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi all,

wanted to share with you that MDG for Retail Article Master called "MDG, retail and fashion management extension by Utopia" is available now and can be found in the PAM and on the SAP service market place under Solution Extensions by Utopia.

BR, Ingo

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

this is currently in discussion on how we can add Service Master (also from a partner).

There are several partners offering this object "Service Master" as a consulting solution.

BR, Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for the information and detailed explanation above.

Regards,

Tanmay

Answers (0)