cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP configuration for Nodal Bank accounts (rollout for Payment Gateway)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I did a quick search on Google/SCN for Nodal bank process but could not find relevant results. Hence, posting my query here.

We are doing a rollout in India for a Payment Gateway and would need your help/guidance on the configuration of "Nodal Bank Account" process for a firm providing e-Services (order based billing).

1. I know that this process needs to be configured by SD/FI consultants but do not where exactly and SD consultant would start.

2. Just wanted to check, in the forum if someone has already done an implementation / rollout for mapping ecommerce Nodal account in SAP. If so, I would really appreciate your help on this. While, I've started doing my own (small little) research, I would be thankful to you if you provide me the pointers.

Thanks all.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. The first thing that we discovered were the RBI guidelines which were statutory in nature.

2. This needs to be handled (we are still brain storming) like an Escrow / third party payments.

3. A typical life cycle would be something like this  buyer logs onto an ecommerce shopping/service provider, pays the merchant (Credit Card and other modes of online payments), and the payment gateway service provider deducts his commission and pays back the merchant.

4. From FI side we are creating set of Control accounts, Balance sheet accounts and mapping the entries.

Basically, to map this process in SAP I had to learn.

1. Statutory instructions of RBI

2. How ecommerce Payment gateways work.

3. Some part of SAP FICO.

Will update the forum, once we get our solution approved.