cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UoM conversions in PRs

former_member293950
Participant
0 Kudos

On the SAP side our functional MM guy has it set up (for a single site) that when they put in a purchase requisition for something with UoM K6 it automatically gets converted to K3 when the PR is approved.  However in Fiori this config doesn't appear to be triggered.  Does anyone know if the Fiori app should be triggering backend config, and if not is there a way to set up similar config that will get executed in Fiori?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member293950
Participant
0 Kudos

After debugging my way through the code I found that when it called BAPI_SOURCEDETERMIN_GETSOS it was getting the correct UoM for the site in question.  However it then simulates a PO by calling BAPI_PO_CREATE1 and that returns the incorrect UoM.  And it's the results of the simulation that Fiori seems to be using.  I've opened up an incident with SAP to review BAPI_PO_CREATE1 getting the incorrect UoM.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Please check UoM setting on Gateway server. It should be same setting with ERP backend.

I do not get why UoM is converted when it is approved. It should be converted when PR is created.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

former_member293950
Participant
0 Kudos

In this case the backend server is also the gateway server, so the configuration should be good for both, unless there's another setting somewhere that was missed.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Share the detail logic for converting UoM when PR is approved. Is it handled by BADI or workflow logic or GUI screen logic? Fiori app just has approval function, so you have to implement UoM conversion in your project.

It would be simple, if PR has correct UoM when it is created.

Regards,

former_member293950
Participant
0 Kudos

He's got the custom UoM set up in tcode CUNI (K2 and K6).  And then for the specific article he is specifying that for a particular site, it should always be in K6.  So if he creates a purchase requisition with unit K2, when it gets approved/assigned it converts it to K6 (in SAP, but not in Fiori).  What we're then trying to figure out is if this *should* be taking place in Fiori but it's not, or if Fiori has it's own workflows and so we'd have to look for another solution.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

It all depends on where you set the conversion trigger.

You can set external break point to find it or you can just simply ask the person who has implemented it.

Regards,