Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrival date of the in-transit STO XXXXXXX was too soon

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to APO SNP so need help from you all...

What does this mean -  Arrival date of the in-transit STO XXXXXXXXX (STO number) was too soon?

How to check and how this arrival date of STO is decided in ECC?

Regards,

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can any body give idea if we can check any setting ?

In Transit data was appearing in past. now the issue is resolved due to shipment.

My question is - how to control the availability of In Transit volumes. Suppose if they are appearing in wrong weekly bucket,can we we control them ?

Regards,

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii prabhat; My knowledge this i an production schedule lines issue. Pls check the PO validity dates. Regards; AravaSantosh...

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your reply.

What does it mean to check the PO validity dates and how is it related with this issue.

Suppose Validity date is 15 March and PO has arrived today --- what we can do or what we should check then ?

Regards,

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhat,

I don't believe I have ever seen this message.  What is the message number?  Under what circumstances is the message being generated?

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

This is not a standard SAP message. I got a ticket to work on this and user has just mentioned this in the ticket.

I am not sure where to head to understand this?

Do I need to ask any questions from the User ? what ?

But I think that user was not expecting the PO so soon ?

Regards,

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhat,

SCN is not intended to be a site for 'ticket dumping'. 

If I were in your position, I would be asking the user more details about how this happened, what was he doing when it happened, what were his expectations, what business requirements were not being met, and why he thinks this situation is a problem. 

The questions I would be asking him would in part be selected based on my knowledge of how the functional area in question (Stock Transport Orders in ERP Materials Management) is SUPPOSED to work.

I am going to stick my neck out and guess that your natural area of expertise is not SAP MM.  You (or any person manning a help desk) are normally expected to apply functional knowledge and training to the problem.  If you are not knowledgeable in the functional area that has been presented to you in a ticket, it is not reasonable to expect you to be able to solve this problem.  Go to your supervisor and ask to have this ticket assigned to someone who is knowledgeable in this area.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

I agree that SCN is not for ticket dumping but we are learning slowly and slowly with it's help.

If possible do you have any suggestion for me on this issue.

In Transit data was appearing in past. now the issue is resolved due to shipment.

We may have this situation again during next slot.

My question is - how to control the availability of In Transit volumes. Suppose if they are appearing in wrong weekly bucket,can we we control them ?

Regards,

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat;

Try to stop running the TLB cycles as planned by the Business Process.

It may not show the STO's in wrong planning buckets.

Regards;

AravaSantosh