Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO using URL to call transactions under NWBC

jordan_benev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a following problem -  I need to:

1. call (SAPGUI) transactions under NWBC using URL from external  (system)

2. not to be asked for password if I'm already logged in NWBC.

I easily manage to do the point 1.   (using the help.sap.com instriuctions),    but do not know how to achieve the point 2.

Please let me know if this is possible and what options are available to us to achieve it.    

Some useful info;  We on  EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0  EhP 3 ;      NW 740;  NWBC  4.0 PL13 ;    sso parameters are already activated  (login/accept_sso2_ticket= 1, login/create_sso2_ticket=2).

Thank you in advance for your help,

Best Regards,

IORDAN BENEV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

For that to work, you would need a mysapsso2 cookie. This needs to be in the call you send to the ecc system.

Either way your user needs to be authorized somewhere or have a certificate that can be used by a single sign on entity on the ECC system to authorize the user.

If the user is already logged in some other place where you are sending the call from. Then set up trust between those systems using an RFC, then it should work.

jordan_benev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob, thanks for your reply,

just two very important things I forgot to mention:

1. my call is from external system (not SAP, imagine just calling the URL from wherever in your PC)  (does this change what you've written above?)

2.  We would like when the URL is called (supposed I manage to skip the logon screen, using your suggestion)  a new tab to be opened in the same NWBC in which I'm already in and not new nwbc instance.  Would it be possible?

Thansk in advance for your help,

With best regards

Iordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

You need to authenticate yourself somehow. Otherwise you will never get in. This makes sense as well, otherwise how would you secure your data.

If you have a portal in place, that can act as an identity provider if it is linked up to an LDAP or AD, this way the user certifciate can be used to authenticate the user.

In terms of start a new NWBC vs. in tab, i am not sure. I presume that it will always open a new NWBC as you add the starting command sap-nwbc:// to the command.

You can set up trust between non SAP systems and SAP. So if the user is logged in to the external system, that could provide you enough authentication to go through.

jordan_benev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jakob, we will try as you suggested.

With best regards,

Iordan