Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Working with Strip Mode

former_member331856
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai,

can any one guide me how to work with strip mode. i have added parameters to value columns in display template. i am not getting any anything in graph. Help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A few key parameters for the strip chart are:

1) Duration/DurationUnits in the query template - these determine the "width" of the chart

2) RefreshRate in the display template - this determines the "sampling" rate

3) AutoRefresh in the display template - this must be enabled

Best regards,

Rick

former_member331856
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for u reply. i followed the steps which u have mentioned but still i am not getting .

i have given

duration: 10 seconds in query template

automatic refresh on

refresh rate 10

Thanks&Regards,

Giridhar

former_member331856
Participant
0 Kudos

hai,

one small vertical line is moving from right to left . i dont know much about strip. can u explain about strip. Thanks for u r help.

Thanks&Regards,

Giridhar.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Giridhar,

Here is a sample url that should demonstrate the Strip Chart for you. If you do a view...source in the browser window you will see all of the non-default query and display parameters that are used by the sample:

http://localhost/Lighthammer/DynamicPageServlet?Height=400&Width=640&QueryTemplate=Defaults%2FTagQue...

The original implementation of the Strip Chart was to provide a 'real time' trend to support query results that only were capable of producing a single live value, instead of a time based range of historical values. For a TagQuery from an OPC DA server that only produces Current mode results, the Strip Chart can give the user a view that provides process indication for spikes, upward or downward trends, etc. The Simulator based example above demonstrates this.

Best Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's your problem. You gave the chart a width of 10 seconds, and a refresh rate of 10 seconds. 10 seconds/10 seconds = 1 value on the chart!

Change your duration to 10 minutes or something, and it should work properly.

- Rick

former_member331856
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai,

Thanks for helping me . now i am getting the graph. At the first i am getting a vertical line then only after 10 to 15 min. so please give me correct duration time to get the graph quickly.

Thanks&Regards,

Giridhar.

former_member331856
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai,

Thanks for u r quick reply to my question.

Thanks&Regards,

Giridhar.

Answers (0)