Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.40 Installation on many hosts

ILIAN_Grigorov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I cannot use the Installation server, because the hosts that I have to install on, are in very different networks, and administered by local admins.

I prepared a single .exe Installation file to to my task.

I have the following two problems:

1. I want saplogon.ini file to be available to every user

I solved that using a BAT file, which copies the saplogon.ini to c:\windows.

In that way every Windows user who starts SAPGUI, uses that file, and makes a copy of it in c:\users

I am open to other suggestions on that one!

2. I have set various settings in the SAP GUI.

I set them with a registry file options.reg

The problem is - if the administrator installs the GUI, then when the user logs on, he does NOT have the settings in the GUI.

You have to execute the registry file again, with the user account.

How can I make these available by default for every windows user

Regards

Ilian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ilian,

In the administration guide, there are various registry settings that can be rolled out via 3rd party means of distributing .reg files.

If the registry settings have HKEY_CURRENT_USER, references, these are user-dependent and can be pushed via Windows. The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE is machine specific for all users,including adminstrators.

You can view the admin guide here.

https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-59010

Regards,

Jude

ILIAN_Grigorov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer

I tried this before, and it did not work, but it seems I made a mistake , because I did not pay attention to 32/64 bit OSes have different places to store settings. Now I see that it is working fine.

My biggest problem is the "font substitution settings" - they are stored only in hkey_current_user, and I can't figure out how to make them common.

They are not mentioned in the guide either.

Thanks once again

Regards

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It is technically possible to export HKEY_CURRENT_USER keys,but it is not recommended or supported by SAP.

Refer to command line - How do I export HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console\%SystemRoot%_system32_cmd.exe with regedit ...

Regards,Jude

Answers (0)