cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between the different tabs in the message monitor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I tried to look for an understandable answer to this question, but could not find any. Simply put: what's the difference between the tabs "Message Status Overview" and "Database" in the message monitor? You can see them in this picture:

I'm asking this question because, in the "Database" tab, I can see Integration Scenarios which I don't see in the other tab. So for me it seems that some integration scenarios are being used without me knowing, as I always use the first one for a quick view of the messages.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know the cause of the problem. It's because monitoring of synchronous integration scenarios is off on default, which is why the synchronous integration scenarios are not visible in "Message Status Overview". Those were missing.

Credits to a colleague of mine who pointed this out. According to him, you need to enable some extra options in ICO (advanced settings)

Thank you all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zakaria,

I have the same problem, some integration scenarios are not shown in the "Message Status Overview" but are shown in the Database tab. What options did you enable on the advanced settings tab in the ICO.

kind regards,

Stefan van Dijken

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks for the help. I already read those links before posting this question. I generally know the difference between them, but the the thing is, I expect the messages from a specific time interval to be in both tabs, but this is not the case.

If I do a search of messages in the time interval 13.00 - 14.00 in "Message Status Overview", I see a list of integration scenarios, but when doing the same search in "Database", also with the specific time interval, I see the same integration scenarios, plus some extra ones which were not shown in "Message Status Overview".

Why is "Database" showing more integration scenarios then "Message Status Overview", where do they come from?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zakaria,

but when doing the same search in "Database", also with the specific time interval, I see the same integration scenarios, plus some extra ones which were not shown in "Message Status Overview".

AFAIK in the database you can have the messages or not depending your persistence configuration (scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/11/06/message-staging-and-logging-options-in-advanced-adapter-engine-of-pi-73x). It's normal to see in Message Status Overview more messages, because this information is statistical and it doesn't depend of you stagging/logging configuration.

Regards

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's the difference between both Zakaria,

If you select any particular message in messages overview it will take you to database view.

Message overview as the name suggests gives the overview of messages(no of messages failed ,successful, hold etc).

Message database view gives the details of particular interface which is selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's normal to see in Message Status Overview more messages, because this information is statistical and it doesn't depend of you stagging/logging configuration.

It's the "Database" tab that contains more messages. But that's not the problem. In the ''Database" tab, I can see integration scenarios which are not visible is "Message Status Overview"

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zakiara,

That is not possible,

Make sure your search time is matching in both the views.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I shouldn't see integration scenarios in "Database"which are not in "Message Status Overview"

For example:

The integration scenario IF_A2A_RegisterCustomer. I don't see this scenario in the Message Status Overview between 13.00 and 14.00, so I assume that no message of this kind was processed between 13.00 and 14.00

But when looking in Database, also between 13.00 and 14.00, I can see messages of IF_A2A_RegisterCustomer that are delivered, with both Start Time and End Time between 13.00 and 14.00.

That's my problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

The time is matching exactly. See my other reply to your answer

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe might be display error.

Did you try in multiple browsers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just tried chrome and safari, no luck.

The time is exactly the same. The messages in message status overview can be found found in database as well, so I'm definitely searching in the same place/time interval. And when checking the messages in database I saw that start time and end time are both in the 13 - 14 range

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Zakari,

Try one more thing,

Select the message in Message overview and try navigating to database overview from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that too. When doing that (clicking on the amount) it directs me to the corresponding messages of the database, but only to a limit. No one click from message status overview (tried them all) gets me to IF_A2A_RegisterCustomer

Also, in message status overview, you can see the amount of messages on the right for each integration scenario. The sum of these amounts is equal to 67. So the message status overview is telling me that there are 67 messages between 13.00 and 14.00, regardless of the status of these messages. But when I search messages in "Database" between 13.00 - 14.00, I get a result of 297 messages

The sums of messages in both tabs is not the same. I tried all these things before putting the question online. I read the documentation, and understand it, but the real case is showing me something different

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zakaria,

IF_A2A_RegisterCustomer is a interface?

make sure the same interface is not user across scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it's an integration flow/scenario

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per documentation as well all the message count should be equal.

Displaying the Message Overview - Process Integration Monitoring - SAP Library

Make sure the interfaces in the scenario are not used across.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zakaria,

Go to SAP.Help documentation to know all the feature of the monitoring: Monitoring Messages - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zkaria,

Message Status overview-

Give the flow of messages in PI for all interface in the selected time duration.

Database-

You can select particular interface, user-defined search, Message ID

Archive-

Its for archived messages.

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this blog explained about everythig, please read