cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dears,

I want Know the Same Material nos for different Storage Location and Different Item cat group can give in Material master....for eg:

Thirdparty Item cat group BANS for one Material . Storag Loc: 0001

and Normal material Item catgrp : NORM for one Material , SL :0002

This is for same Material Number,...Is it work ? I tried , But repeating the same item catagory group for both same material ...

.Pls give the information.

Thanks & Regards

Venkat..Dhanemkula.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we can treat a material as both standard item and third paraty item, normally a standard item is not available it can be changed as a third party item in sales order, for that item category determination is required, we need not to maintain two material master records by specifying item category groups norm and bans.If it is a normal item u can maintain it in ur storage location, when it is a third party item how can u maintain it in ur storage location since it will be delivered from vendor.

regards,

kirankumar vemula

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wasn't talking about changing the item category manually. I was talking about using item category determination in SPRO.

However I'm not sure I understand your question.

You can keep the same material in different storage locations.

You can also have one material, in a specific sales area with a specific item category group but depending on the sales document type you can use different item categories.

You can also as you said manually change the item category in the sales document. Can you explain your requirements please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michail Papadopoulos ,

Thanks for your response ,

here my requirement is mainly i need same material with different item catagories,

then u are linking up with sales document type, here i got confusion i knew item catagory determination and all, but the think is u were trying to say something about this issue , pls can u try on system , and let me know the same

Thanks & Regards

Venkat...Dhanemkula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello venkat,

A simple explanation for item category determination is given below..

Item category determination enables the system to propose the corresponding item category for sales document type through item category group.

T-code: vov4

Fields in the item category determination are:

• sales document type

• item category group

• item usage

• higher level item category

• default item category

• manual item category

The usage is used to determine the ITEM CATEGORY, it is maintained in CUSTOMER MATERIAL INFO RECORDS, and in the bottom most part of the screen u can see it.

feel free to ask any doubts..

<b>**PLEASE REWARD POINTS IF THIS HELPS**</b>

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Michaial,

I think u are talking about item category in sales order changing manually ... right?

that is not my requirement, pls go through my question clearly and give me the solution ,

Thanks & Regards

Venkat..Dhanemkula

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can maintain a different Item category group for the same material only for different sales areas. Within the same sales area you will be forced to use the same Item category group.

You can of course use item category determination to specify a different item category (which is different from the item category group), depending on the sales document type, the item category group and the usage (usually determined by the system)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Michaial,

can u pls explain once again , with item catagory determination???

Thanks & Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

It is not posible to maintain 2 item category group for one material u can only maintan 1 item cate grp for one material even though the material is maintained in more than 1 plant or storage loction.

I hope ur clear now

Regards

Mastan