cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get array or index from chracteristic result?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM experts,

Is there anyway to get index of calculated characteristic result?

Example:

MICDescriptionSampleIndexValue
ABody hook312.02
BCover hook311.95
CCalculate (A+B)313.97
23.96 <-- minimum
DIndex if minimum of C112

I want to know which index of MIC-C that give the minimum result to use for final calculation, which I have to do A+B from correct index (2.10+1.86)

Thank you,

Prang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prang,

Let me try to answer your query.

As far as I understand, this may not be a direct input to link MIC result positions 1:1 for calculation. So you can try the below approach - You can try to create 1 inspection points for each sample, (means total 3 inspection points), and then record results for MIC A, MIC B. Then use MIC C as Calculated MIC like (CO0010+CO0020).

For MIC D, you can use Formula managed characteristic. Follow the below config to create your custom FM -

SPRO ---> Quality Management => Quality Inspection => Results Recording => Define Parameters for Calculated Characteristics => Define Parameters for Calculated Characteristic = ZQ

The formula ZQ should check in QASE/QASR/QAMR tables (based on your process), and try to find out what was the minimum value for MIC C recorded for the sample, where MIC A and MIC B have system status "5". That means, the effective results recorded for driving MIC were already valuated and closed.

For accuracy, this formula should work only when all the samples are result recorded, against the number of inspection points created. Means, if your sample is 3, then there should be 3 inspection points created and result recorded for MIC A, MIC B. Only then trying to valuate MIC C should work. Also, the formula should work, when all the results recorded against MIC C for all inspection points, have system status "5".

Expected output:

a) You can't valuate MIC D until and unless MIC C is valuated and closed.

b) MIC D can't be valuated till all results are recorded for all MIC for all inspection points.

c) Only after MIC C is valuated and closed for all the inspection points, then only you can try going into the inspection point for each sample, and try to valuate MIC D.

d)  As only one case will yield good results and show the minimum value, for other cases, formula ZQ should update some short string like 'NOT MIN" and valuate this MIC to system status "3". Then you can close it to system status "5" if required.

This is just a process which is coming to my mind now. There could be better methods available too to fix this issue. If so, please give that a try first and then parallelly check this process.

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee