cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ranking of SAP-SCN members

0 Kudos

Is it possible to show the rank out of total SAP-SCN members? (e.g. say, 24500 out of 1245670 – i.e. top 1% approx)

It will certainly motivate the contributors.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since there are ads running on SCN, I bet SAP already has some relevant statistics, such as number of page visits or total registered SCN members. But I appreciate them not posting this information openly. These days people are increasingly conscious about what information is collected about them, as correctly pointed out above.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Out of 747352?

I just looked at the rank of one of the newest members and this is the number I found. However, it might not be accurate since I see the same rank number for other members. 

The number is subjective and hard to nail down for several reasons depending on how you slice it: active members, single logins, duplicate accounts...I suggest you follow the space for updates to user management as the community goes through migration this year.

0 Kudos

I think I was grossly misunderstood; or may by I didn’t articulate it properly.

It is not the question of whether one is sufficiently internally-motivated or not, but the total number of SAP-SCN members is a vital key figure! And it should be available readily (& one need not go through any work-around just to obtain that).

And in today’s world of data mining (& with SAP being a key player in the analytics), I need not explain the significance of that number. Still, just to make myself clear let me explain.  The total number & whether it is one million or ten millions  (& whether it is increasing QoQ) MATTERS a lot. It could provide an excellent opportunity to SAP’s growing network of VARs / vendors, to showcase their ads (of products approved by SAP, of course).  And if SAP is transparent (& I know, it is), it can go one step ahead & publish not just total number of SAP-SCN members but also the number of ‘active’ SAP-SCN members (with some definition of ‘active’ – something one who logs in to portal at least once a week or contributes to portal at least a month etc.)

If the esteemed SAP-SCN moderators (of this thread) don’t find this relevant, kindly delete this thread. And you can’t do it, please let me know & I will do it from my side..

Cheers!

Prashant

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You understand that tech-savvy people use stuff like Adblock, NoScript, TOR browser, VPNs, avoid sharing too much personal info, etc., so the quality of collected data could be questionable and the number of viewed impressions would not be as high as you may think at first.

I highly appreciate that advertorial content is currently kept out of the functional/technical forum spaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In contrast to what has been said already, would you agree to participate in a funny names ranking?

C. Hari

former_member182550
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.  Except when at work.

former_member183529
Participant
0 Kudos

good day, is easier to check users rating,first find the name of the user you want to check is rating on the search at the top right in the scn screen. Click on the name. Of the person, go to reputation. Tab afterwards click on ranking. 

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prashant,

Even if we know we are X out of T (total SCN members), this T is still a fraction of all the people in SAP. In my opinion, lasting motivation comes from within.

Good luck!

TW

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

you can see that in your profile under the "Reputation" tab. There you have the "Ranking" option in the left navigation to see your overall position.

Regards,

Steffi.

0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Ranking is there. But it doesn't provide the ranking out of how many. e.g. Say my rank I see as 20000 but I don't know whether 20000 rank is out of 2 million SAP-SCN members or 12 million users. (& that is important, right?)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it? Isn't it more important so see what and who is in front of you than what is behind you?

For me it really doesn't matter how many million people have a lower points score than me. But then again I don't care, how many are in front of me points-wise either. ^^

Regards,
Steffi.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You click the BROWSE hyperlink on top right

you switch to the people tab

you select ALL on the left menu

you sort by joined descending

you click the first user in the list

you open his reputation tab

you select there the ranking

and you will find the number

If that would be important then I become better with each new user joining this network (even with the fake users, users who have several accounts to distribute their agnosia to avoid that it hurts to much)

former_member182550
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.