cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_BILLINGDOC_CREATEMULTIPLE - Creating Billing Doc W/o Reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I’m facing issues posting BAPI_BILLINGDOC_CREATEMULTIPLE. My requirement is to post SD billing w/o any reference to SO or delivery. I know there are myriad of posts on this in this forum and on the error that I’m getting, that is “VF(027): Delivery type  cannot be invoiced with billing type FX”. Whilst I know the reason for this error, I have to input “DOC_TYPE” what I don’t know

• - what document type to put, surely  I don’t want  any of the SO or delivery type has to be a billing type  but which one
  • - What settings to put in VTFF whilst copying (copy req 13-External trans.item?) from Billing to billing
  • - What Item Category to include and its required at all

If you have any document on this its much appreciated.

Cheers!!!

Post branched out by Moderator.

Advise for OP: please don't open or resurrect older discussion for response or questions. This disturbs the current flow of discussion. Instead, you can post your own discussion for question or blog/doc to represent your experience.

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you've been guided correctly to use FB70 or also F-22 can be used for this case. Want you to explore below mentioned thread. Hope they'll help you out. Do revert with your findings. Thanks.

how to create the billing document without refe... | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rehama & Jyoti for the response. The Business is adamant that they don't want to create SO or a delivery. The stock movement for sales would be brought in through GM BAPI, so inventory movement is also not concern. They want the billing to be created and what I have seen in the forum including the link provided by Mr Rehaman that we can create Billing w/o any reference using the BAPI mentioned. I'm having trouble posting it where some people have said they were able to post it to create billing w/o reference.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From what I know, SD billing without a preceding document in SAP can be achieved via General Billing interface as billing external transaction. A typical use is when the source documents exist in an external system, but are not meant to be replicated in any form in ERP. Still I am not really sure whether this would be the best approach for your business case.

As already pointed out, a FI invoice could also be a viable option.

The basic idea of the interface is that you fill the required data for the communication structures in a sequential file - either from the external system or you derive it somehow from some master data in ERP and then you use it to initiate billing.

If you search for general billing interface site:help.sap.com, you can easily find more information on how to fill the communication structures in the correct format, sample reports, customizing settings etc.

Personally I have not implemented it so far, so most of the things I know about this general billing interface are from the official SAP documentation in help.sap.com and from the relevant sap notes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's very much possible Ajaya. Did you check the parameters which you need to pass on in SE37? Not in a favor to copy paste the material that's why sharing the link. Try this out and let me know. Thanks.

http://www.cla5h.com/bapi-billingdoc-createmultiple-billing-doc-not-created.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman,

This is exactly what I'm struggling with when im running SE37. I don't know what to put for GT_BILLINGDATAIN-DOC_TYPE. Sorry I dont understand what is GS_INIT_ITAB2-auart

What I do know that the Doc type should be a billing type as I'm trying to create Billing w.r.t Billing but which billing document to copy it from I don't know.  Hence the question

Which Doc Type to copy from

What copy requirements to use in VTFF

Do I need Item category (which I believe I don't)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajaya here are the parameters that i passed to create billing document without reference. you've to choose order type at your own in my case i took as 'OR' and billing type as 'FX'. Make sure to pass the data in BILLINGDATAIN and CONDITIONDATAIN both tables else invoice with 0 value will be generated. It should work for you too as i've been able to create a proper billing document. Please test this and do provide your feedback accordingly as i want your issue to be resolved. Thanks.

Note: in above mentioned snapshot, i passed parameters (that are highlighted and filled with black color) both.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman,

Many a thanks, I'm able to create Billing, I tried following combinations last night and all worked

OR-->FX

OR-->F2

ZOR(copied from OR)-->F2

After reading your response I tried

OR-->FX

and as long as copy control from SO to Billing is maintained it works.

I noticed that if we provide SO # in the REF_DOC then post billing is created and if we go to Document flow we see the Reference SO under that the Billing document and if we don't give the REF_DOC then its just a plain direct Billing. Which is as expected.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciate it.

Cheers!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajaya, your observation is right, we can create billing document via this BAPI with or w/o reference to any preceding document. Good to know that you've been able to cracked it. Stay blessed and have a nice day ahead. Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajaya,

As I understand you can't create SAP SD Billing Doc without reference as like delivery doc. B'coz we don't have Item Category Determination for Billing Doc as like Sales Order and Delivery.

Therefore, I would suggest you have look on TCode FB70 - Enter Outgoing Invoices.

If you want TCode FB70, then try with either of the following FMs:

• BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST
  • BAPI_ACC_BILLING_POST

If still have any concerns, please do let us know. Meanwhile, can you let us know the business process?

Thanks,

JP