Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC - Store Procedure call with TIMESTAMP Field

ADIDAS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to use a Stored Procedure to update an Oracle table through a JDBC Receiver Comm Channel. The Table Structure is defined below ( has TIMESTAMP fields)

I have done the mapping and everything looks fine from the payload perspective.

However it is failing at the communication channel with a Java "NumberFormatException" on the TIMESTAMP Field.

I have read through the notes on JDBC adapter as well as the various blogs addressing other peoples issues. But those haven't helped me.

Can anyone see what i might be doing wrong and a way i can get this working.

Thanks,

Arunava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arunava,

Like a tip first of all you should check before to develop the data types supported, the timestamp is a supported one (Document Formats for the Receiver JDBC Adapter - SAP XI: Runtime - SAP Library😞

The following SQL data types are supported: INTEGER, BIT, TINYINT, SMALLINT, BIGINT, FLOAT, REAL, DOUBLE, NUMERIC, DECIMAL, CHAR, VARCHAR, STRING, LONGVARCHAR, DATE, TIME, TIMESTAMP, BINARY, VARBINARY, LONGVARBINARY, BLOB (output only),CLOB (output only).

Later you can check here (Datetime Datatypes and Time Zone Support) the timestamp in Oracle, i assume you are using it, is:

TIMESTAMP 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS.FF'

TIMESTAMP '1997-01-31 09:26:50.12

If was you, i would try with dateTrans function to change the month format in your example

Regards.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arunava,

Can you please check the field type where you are passing the date in the payload? Please check the type both in PI/PO structure and at database. There should be some descrepency with the type and the format in the payload.

regards,

Harish