cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Agentry Client

former_member643677
Participant
0 Kudos

I am unable to use the spacebar as it should work. Every time I hit it, it gives me a carraige return and not a space.

My version es: V70.9.0.6

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jose,

Hi. We agree with Bill. Please try the latest SMP 3.0 SDK SP11 release.

Best Regards,

SAP Mobile Support Team

former_member191119
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi and ,

We are also facing the same issue with SP09 WPF agentry client V70.9.0.6.

As you both suggested i tired with SP11 WPF Agentry client V70.11.0. But getting the same issue its not taking the space and giving the carriege return.

Is this product error..?? or required to do any settings??

Kindly suggest the solution.

Thanks,

Raaj

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What device are you using?

--Bill

former_member191119
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

We are using the Honeywell Dolphin Windows based handheld device with Windows 7 OS. and also tested in our laptop with windows 7 OS.

Facing the issue on both mobile device and laptop.

Thanks,

Raaj

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Also what are the regional settings of the device.  I am not experiencing the issue you describe on my laptop with any of the WPF client versions.  I recall reports from someone about the WPF client not allowing 2 spaces (compressing back to one space) but don't recall anything about space being interpreted as a carriage return.

--Bill

former_member643677
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my case I have been testing in: Windows 7 & Windows 10 , Laptops & Tablets, (HP 1000 Rugged) and same situation, is not about device it´s something with  the program... Does anyone knows how can I contact to software manufacturer?

Thanks a lot

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Same question, what are your regional settings? As I mentioned.  I do not see this behavior in any of my testing with the WPF client.

--Bill

former_member191119
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Below are the regional settings of the device:

All settings for the Philippines region.

Thanks

Raaj

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Raaj,

I tired to replicate this but am still unable to do so even using the same regional settings.  I would look to see if there is some other app on the laptops that might be causing the behavior.  This is certainly not something I have seen.

--Bill

former_member643677
Participant
0 Kudos

Done few fix in sap syclo work manager, to reflect in mobile device kindly do the following check:

i. Uninstall the existing Agentry Client from mobile device.

ii. Delete the remaining log files from installation folder.

1. iii. Download the latest agentry client from below link.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7QvFxNtbP9XWUMxVTI0eXNOU2c&usp=sharing_eid&ts=56d6da96

1. iv. Install the downloaded agentry client on mobile device.

• v. Open the agentry app and do reset the client and close the client.

• vi. Open the client and enter the userId&p/w and enter the server URL.

• vii. Let it complete the initial synchronization.
former_member191119
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks ,

Your answer help to me.

Regards,

Raaj

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Raaj,

If your question has been answered, please mark this Discussion with a Correct Answer and Helpful Answer where appropriate.  See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why   Even if you discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be.

Thanks,

--Bill

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josh and Raaj,

Can you have a try with a normal speed to input?

You can refer to the SAP KBA 2235793 to see whether it is the same issue as yours.

2235793 - Trailing space is deleted if type slowly on the Agentry WPF client

Best regards,

Charlie

former_member191119
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

YES..

we are facing the same issue mentioned in 2235793 SAP note.

Is there any way to disable this trailing space delete option...???  Because, our users are slow in typing it leading to do double work to enter space.

Regards,

Raaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think the product team is considering about it.

But at this stage, it is recommended that you can use a normal speed to input.

Best regards,

Charlie

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

Trailing Spaces being deleted is a current known issue being investigated by the Windows Platform Team for Agentry (SMPAGENTRY-6801).

One of the suggestion or workaround was to remove the trim option but based on other reports this trim spaces from end option may not completely work.

Please watch for release notes that may state the following fixes: Strings entered into Text Fields on the WPF Client have trailing white space truncated in real time leading to runonstringsofwordslikethis if typed slowly.

Best Regards,

SAP Mobile Platform Team

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What device / platform are you referring to?  Also, since SP11 is out have you tried using the latest version of the client?

--Bill