cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a new customfield to vbrk table

0 Kudos

We are trying to capture some user inputs at the time of invoice cancellation and wanting it to store in VBRK table for easy reporting purpose. We added a custom field in the VBRK table. Now when I try to cancel an invoice it gives the error

VF0056-cancellation document is not the same as the original billing document

VF0188 Data inconsistency during processing of document xxxxx

Never had this issue before during invoice cancellation. Any ideas

Really appreciate any help and feed back

also want to know  if anyone has implemented a case of adding new field to VBRK and it causing issues

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Firstly please accept my humble gratitude for taking time out from your precious time and helping out to a complete stranger.

We did put  the custom logic at the user exit RV60AFZC but still it was failing but on further debugging we found in LV60AD07 SAP compares the vbrk of the invoice and vbrk of the cancellation field by field causing the error. SAP provides an enhancement spot which we used to cater the custom field logic.

We tested couple of scenarios and it is working as expected. Once again thanks for your inputs at every step.

with humble gratitude,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen, thank you for your humbleness really appreciated. Yes you got that right, the includes LV60AD07 and LV60AD08 triggered when you cancel billing documents. Thanks for providing your findings against this issue and good to know that you cracked it. Stay blessed and have a good day.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are some notes related to this but as you said that you're facing this issue only after adding a customer field in VBRK table then i would suggest you to go for this option 1st, add copying requirements as '410' for your billing document type in VOFA and then try to cancel the billing document. Do revert with your findings if its works well for your case or not. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Thank you for responding. I tried it but it doesn't work but its a good angle to think on. I will to try something on similar lines and see if it yields any results. I will keep you posted if something comes up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you checked VBRK database table from SE11 as if it's partly active or fully active? Also, while cancellation if possible can you please debug the case with the help of your abaper. I'm afraid that you might need to create a custom routine for your billing document type but let's just try little points first and keep updating. Also, refer to below mentioned thread for OSS Notes similar to this error message. Thanks.

Data inconsistency during processing of document | SCN

0 Kudos

Thank you for responding...Just want elaborate the process in details so maybe something might strike you..

I am trying to capture reason codes for invoice cancellation by adding a pop up during invoice cancellation where in the user selects a reason code from a list.This reason code I am trying to store in a custom field.

a) I checked the table and it is active

b) I put a debug on the copy control and it doesn't even go into the copy control.

c) I tried to pass on a blank value into the field and it seems to work.

Really appreciate if anything clicks to you

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not a developer, so my suggestion could seem a bit silly, but does it not make more sense to place the breakpoints where VF056 occurs? The way I see it, there could be some problem with how you fill/supply the data...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you're fine Praveen. Thanks for explaining the process. As far as i understood, in your last point you said that when you pass blank value its working fine but not with any other reason code and at this stage i believe you only created a new Z* data element and appended it to VBRK now the other step would be the population of this data element on VF11 trigger point and for that you need to use FORM USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP of include RV60AFZC from SE38. This is because you want your custom field to be filled in VBRK table for cancelled invoice, after adding the logic try to debug this time by putting some value and let me know. It should work for you and i'm sure it'll. Don't forget to update with your findings and feel free to ask in case you need more clarification on this. Thanks.