cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage type search for HAZ material

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue in which my material is assigned to a hazardous material and that hazardous material has storage class as 5.1

Now I do not have any search strategy for any of the storage class and without it system finds two storage types ST1 and ST2.

In my case system is skipping ST1 even though it has empty bins and no issue with capacity and directly taking ST2 storage type as destination storage type.

If I remove storage class from Haz material or remove Haz material from my material then system is correctly taking ST1 as destination st type.

I see in IMG -> LE -> WM -> Hazardous Materials -> Strategies -> Activate Hazardous material management -> Haz. material check (Activate)

ST1 is marked as Y and ST2 is marked as blank for "section check active" and "Hazardous Mat management" is blank for both.

I want to know if "section check active" has this impact on my scenario.

If so can you please let me know the functionality of "section check active" and "hazardous Mat Management".

And can anybody refer any good discussion or document on "Activate Hazardous Material Management" activity, I do not find any good material.

Regards, Tarun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

@ Ravi: I do not have any entry with storage class maintained in storage type search.

@ Shushant:

As far as I know storage type sequence is determined based on st type indicator, reference movement type and some other parameters.

Then Storage section is determined based on that St type.

The storage bin is determined based on the put away strategy maintained in st type master data.

So in this process where does "Storage Section Check active" plays role.

I also checked in other forums that this check is about something when we manually try to enter bin in Transfer Order.

If "Storage Section check active" = X then system will check if the manually entered bin belongs to a storage section which is in storage section search sequence if it is not then system does not allow user to enter that bin.

But the function is not clear to me and how "Storage section determination and check" and "Storage section determination, no check" are different.

What is the meaning if Storage section determination here and what does it mean by check or no check.

It would be great if you can explain this functionality with an example.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you specified any 'storage section indicator' in material master? if yes then check which sections are allowed for that section indicator.

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

For putaway process, for storage class 5.1 may be in storage type search flow is ST2-->ST1 and for Blank storage class it is ST1-->ST2. Pls check once and attach screenshot if possible.

Regards,

Ravi

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

Storage section check plays an important role in the putaway process.

1. Check your storage type if storage section check is active

2. See what is the value maintained in OMLZ for both storage types

If it is 'X' it means system does the refer the storage type configuration firstly and then goes to the storage sections search sequence. Thereafter it picks the indicators from material master and assigns the appropriate section. It then checks for an empty bin in that section.

If it is "Y" it means irrespective of the config in storage type, it will directly go to the search sequence, look up value in material master and then assign the appropriate st. sec.

Hope that helps.

-Sushant