cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert for FTP server connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I send file from local server to FTP server via XI.

I want configure the alert to send me message if the FTP server is down.

But I want to configure the alert to send me message only after 15 minutes that he try to send the file to FTP server with out success.

Is possible to do it in XI?

Regards

Elad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elad,

Using the current features in XI 's alert framework as a standard, the answer to your question is No. This cannot be done.

You cannot wait for 15 minutes for the alerts to be triggered. The moment the file adapter idenftifies that the connection is borken because the FTP server is down, the alert will be triggered.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i did read through one of the discussion (a lengthy one ) that happened sometime back in the forum regarding a similar requirement. Do go thru this link to find some answers -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shabarish,

I work with out BPM.

I think about the scenario that if XI try to send file to FTP in the middle of the night the FTP server are down for a minute I received a message via Alert configuration.

After the minute the FTP is ok and XI succeed to the put the message in the FTP server.

In this case I didn't want to received any message.

I want to receive message only if the xi try to connect to FTP without succeed for 15 minutes

Regards

Elad

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in that did you check the reply by Gourav Kare which talks about a script ? Do you find it suitable in your scenario ?