Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use SAPJavaResourceAdapter15?

JR_LM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Greetings all,

I'm a Basis admin without JAVA development experience.  However I was asked to create a JRA connection between our ECC system and JAVA portal.

I followed the steps in the SAP help page using the SAPJavaResourceAdapter15 resource adapter:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata//en/48/883f9f77323cb8e10000000a42189d/content.htm  

It worked well, but a week later, the user-ID used in the connector happen to expire and the portal then failed to start. The ID issue is resolved, (that's not my problem).  My question however is that it seems like by using this resource adapter, we've created a dependency between systems.  That is, if the ECC system is down (or the ID is locked), the portal wont start.  This doesn't seem right.

What is the common approach to address this?  Is there some workaround to this cross-system dependency?  Do you use the SAPJavaResourceAdapter15 directly or do you create a new resource adapter and leave the SAP resource alone? 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi. You already answered for you question. 🙂

We creating new JavaResourceAdapter. Duiring creating select SAPJavaResourceAdapter15 as template. But remember what in properties of adapter
can be select Destination (credentials takes from where) or credentials can be configured in adapter directly.

Answers (0)